Electric space heater causes residents to be displaced from house in Saturday afternoon fire

Electric space heater causes residents to be displaced from house in Saturday afternoon fire

BATON ROUGE – Firefighters responded to a house fire that displaced the residents Saturday afternoon.

Around 4 p.m. the Baton Rouge Fire Department, arrived on scene to a house engulfed in heavy smoke located on the 5500 block of Melrose Boulevard.

Flames were coming from the roof of one-story house causing immense smoke and the roof to collapse. The house was deemed a total loss.

No injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire came from an electric space heater, according to BRFD.

Red Cross is on the scene assisting the residents. 

Source link

READ MORE  Man accused of murdering LSU basketball player Wayde Sims requesting trial held elsewhere due to EBR media coverage

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*