Are you looking for some silly dumb questions to help lighten the mood? While life gets serious every now and then, it’s important to take a step back and loosen up. And what better way to simply put some dumb questions out there to declutter your mind from the seriousness of the world.
Asking dumb questions not only fights off stress but also helps you to know someone by testing their sense of humor. But make sure to read the seriousness of the room as some people might simply be annoyed with such questions and it could backfire.
Whether to start a conversation with someone new as an icebreaker or to simply spread across bits of smiles and laughter, this list of 100+ dumb questions, covering majorly funny and ironical ones, will surely get you the result that you’re seeking.
Without further ado, let’s head over to the list starting with some of the best ironically dumb questions that will make them think for an answer.
Ironically Dumb Questions
- If roses are red, why are violets blue?
- Why do they say ‘giving my two cents’ when it’s only a penny for your thoughts?
- Do mermaids give birth to live children or do they lay eggs?
- Is the sea salty because the shore never waves back?
- Do hummingbirds hum because they can’t remember any of the words?
- If a Smurf starts to choke, what color will it become?
- If an ambulance hits someone on the road while transporting someone to a hospital, do they bring that person with them too?
- Can blind people see their dreams?
- If a doctor has a heart attack while performing a surgery, will the other doctors and nurses present work on him first?
- If people from Poland are called Poles, do you call people from Holland ‘Holes’?
- Why does a grapefruit look and taste nothing like a grape?
- If you decide to describe yourself as indecisive, are you decisive or indecisive?
- Is it possible to blow up a balloon while you’re under water?
- If a piece of gum is 10 calories, does that include just the chewing or if you swallow it, too?
- Why is room temperature used as a measurement of warmth when not all rooms have the same temperature?
- What do you call a male ladybug?
- Do penguins have knees?
- Is it possible to see someone’s tears underwater?
- Why is it called ‘shipping’ if it goes by truck? Why is it called ‘cargo’ when it goes by ship?
- Do you need to set an appointment to see a psychic or will they be expecting you?
- Why do round pizzas come in square boxes?
- If prunes are dried plums, where do they get prune juice from?
- How do bankruptcy attorneys make any money?
- If you pamper a cow and give it lots of stuff, does it produce spoiled milk?
- If someone owns a piece of land, how deep does their ownership go? Do they own it all the way to the center of the earth?
- Why do we say that people work like a dog if they work all day when all dogs do is lie around?
- Do people with a stutter also stutter in their thoughts?
- Can atheists get insurance policies that cover acts of God?
- Why do we say ‘after dark’ when it’s actually really after light?
- Why are there self-help groups if it’s supposed to be SELF help?
Also, read 101 Questions to Ask Your Crush
The Dumbest of Dumb Questions
- Does it take 18 months for twins to be born? Or 9?
- How to make sure I’m the real mom of my kid?
- How do I ask a question on Yahoo Answers?
- I swallowed an ice cube whole, and I haven’t pooped it out?
- Should I tell my parents I’m adopted?
- How far of a drive is it from Miami to Florida?
- If I eat myself will I get twice as big or disappear completely?
- Is african a religion?
- At what age does a boy period start?
- Do babies poop in the womb?
- If Batman’s parents are dead, then how was he born?
- If I shave my golden retriever like a lion, will the other dogs respect him more?
- What does a quarter till 4 mean? like, why is it called that?! cause a quarter is worth 25 cents, so why is it 15 min?!
- Are chickens considered animals or birds?
- Why doesn’t the Earth fall down?
- Does looking at a picture of the sun hurt your eyes?
- Is it possible for tattoos to get passed on genetically from parent to child?
- Wtf is Obama’s last name? Does anyone know?
- Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?
- Can your baby get pregnant if you have sex while pregnant?
- Is an egg a fruit or a vegetable?
- What happens to the people born on Feb. 29??? Do they stay one until 4 years past?
- What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
- Where do lost socks go when they go missing?
- How big is the specific ocean?
The Almost Funny Dumb Questions
- Why is it called “beauty sleep”, when you wake up looking like a troll?
- If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called bullshit?
- Why isn’t 11 pronounced “onety-one”?
- What is the name given to male ballerinas?
- Why is it necessary to nail down a coffin’s lid? Are we expecting what’s inside to try to break free?
- Why is it hard for women to put on mascara with their mouth closed?
- How do people get discombobulated? Have you ever seen someone who was combobulated?
- Why are blueberries not blue in color?
- If we are clean before using bath towels, why do we wash them?
- Why is it that black guys don’t usually get white tattoos?
- Why do we say that an alarm clock goes ‘off’ when it actually turns on?
- If an unidentified flying object fell to the ground and people were able to identify what it was, would it be called a flying object?
- Why is it that the sun lightens our hair, but ends up darkening our skin?
- Did Noah have woodpeckers on the ark? If yes, where did he keep them?
- Do the minutes on the movie boxes include the previews, credits, and special features, or just the movie itself?
- Why is Greenland called Greenland, when it is white and covered with ice?
- Why do you have to click Start before you can stop Windows 98?
- What was the first person to milk a cow trying to do?
- Why is it that when people are asked what they would bring to a deserted island, they never answer ‘a boat’?
- Do Roman nurses and health care workers refer to an IV as a four?
- Who came up with names for things? Like, who stood in front of a door and said ‘hmm, this is a door’?
- Why are chickpeas called chickpeas when they’re neither chicks nor peas?
- Why do we say that we have the weight of the world on our shoulders, but when we try to express it, we say we have to get it off of our chests?
- When they say that a specific dog food has a new and improved flavor, who tests it?
- If corn oil is made from corn and vegetable oil is made from vegetables. What is baby oil made from?
Also, Check-out 250+ Disney Trivia Q/As Your Kids Will Love
Nonsensical Dumb Questions
- Would you rather own a horse the size of a cat or a cat the size of a mouse?
- What is the worst thing that a person can put on their bio on a dating app?
- If you had three extra siblings, what would be your birth order and what personalities would you like them to have?
- If you could change what falls from the sky every time it rains, what would it be and why? Note: it can’t be anything of significant value.
- You’re homeless and only have one choice of clothing – a tattered, oversized white shirt with very thin fabric and lots of holes, or an extremely tight flesh-colored set of underwear. What’ll it be?
- If your pet could talk, what’s one thing they could say that would completely ruin your image?
- How many chickens would it take to be able to kill a lion?
- What are three things you could buy at a grocery store to make the cashier give you weird looks?
- If animals could talk, which species would be the rudest of them all?
- What outrageous conspiracy theory do you think might actually seem like a logical argument?
- A witch has cast a spell on you turning you into an inanimate, non-electronic object for a year. To be changed back into human form before the year is up, you need to be able to get at least a hundred people to touch you. What inanimate object would you be?
- Your life is now a video game. What are some of the cheat codes you can use and what do they do?
- Brushing your teeth or wiping your butt – you have to give one up. Which one would it be and why?
- What’s the worst tag line you can think of for a brand that sells wart removal cream?
- You can make one of your body parts detachable without any negative repercussions. What body part would it be and why?
- The zombie apocalypse has begun! You have an SUV and a baseball bat. Where are you going first?
- If you could replace all of the grass in the world with something else, what would it be and why?
- You’ve just won an all-expense paid trip to anywhere in the world, but you can only go if you take three of the people you dislike the most with you. Who are they and where are you going?
- You are now banned from the local library. What would be the reason for it?
- You’re now a superhero with an unlikely power. Is it the ability to shoot meatballs out of your nostrils, or the power to create force fields but only around ants?
- You found a time machine that took you back 600 years. All you have are the clothes on your back. How do you tell the people that you’re from the future?
- If you were put in charge of creating a brand new global holiday, what would you name it and how would it be celebrated? What time of year would it be held?
- If you could merge two different animals to create the ultimate animal, what two animals would it be and what would be their product?
- If you were suddenly arrested for no reason and your face was flashed all over the news, what would your family and friends assume that you did?
- You’ve been tossed into an insane asylum. What do you tell the people there to prove to them that you don’t belong inside?
- If you were to appoint a president of the internet, who would it be and why?
- You’re now the president, but you can only make changes that improve the lives of cats in your jurisdiction. What three things would you change to support the felines in your community?
- If you could change your name at this very moment, but it couldn’t contain any of the odd numbered letters in the alphabet, what name would you choose?
With this, it’s time to wrap the article on the some of best dumb questions that you can ask your friends and strangers. We hope that the article will help you out in your quest to make people laugh.
If you liked the article, share it with your friends who might need help with their icebreaking skills. And comment down below with your favorite dumb questions whether from the list or your own.
For more such daily interesting content, keep visiting Path of Ex – Your Spot For Trending Stuff!
Feature Image Credit: Memecrunch