A power of attorney is a legal document that enables an agent to act on behalf of the principal to carry out certain actions or financial transactions on the principal’s behalf. There are 2 types of power of attorney, namely, a general power of attorney and special power of attorney. In this article, we will be talking about a special power of attorney that is a power of attorney for residency and foreign affairs in the UAE. how this power of attorney can be written and notarized by the notary public Dubai would be discussed here in detail.
What is a Power of Attorney for Residency and Foreign Affairs in the UAE?
A power of attorney for residency and foreign affairs in Dubai authorizes the agent to represent you in front of the immigration department. This power of attorney is valid for the residents and expats with foreign or business affairs in Dubai, Sharjah, Abi Dhabi, Umm Al Quwain, Fujairah, and Ras Al Khaimah. The residency and foreign affairs power of attorney authorizes the agent to do the following jobs-
- To represent the principal in front of the immigration department.
- To sign any document on the principal’s behalf.
- To represent the principal in front of a government authority or any government department.
What are the things to be considered for the power of attorney for residency and foreign affairs in the Sharjah?
When it comes to drafting a power of attorney for residency and foreign affairs in Dubai, there are three basic questions that must be answered. The document should include the following details: –
- What are the acts or actions that the principal wishes to assign to the agent?
- Who is the agent that is going to be appointed?
- What would be the duration of the power of attorney?
Once all the above is clear and the principal decides to form the power of attorney, he must seek professional help in order for the power of attorney to get processed in words that are in line with the legislation rules of the country.
Once power of attorney has been written, the same has to be notarized by the notary public Dubai for it to get legalized and authenticated. The notary attestation also requires the presence of 2 witnesses who are above 18 years of age.
In the UAE, the power of attorney is issued for an indefinite period or also sometimes for a specific period of time. In the case where the power of attorney is issued for a specific period has to be cancelled, one can visit the notary public Dubai to get it cancelled.
In today’s pandemic situation, all power of attorneys can be notarized online.
The detailed steps to form a power of attorney for residency and foreign affairs in Sharjah are as follows-
- Consult the Notary Public Dubai for the power of attorney to be written down.
- Presenting the passport and the emirates ID of both the agent and the principal.
- Then we will help you with a special form that will be automatically generated by the Notary Public Dubai portal. We will help you in filling the same.
- The form is then submitted for the power of attorney through the online portal.
- Once the notary public receives the form it reviews the same. If approved, a date will be communicated in the principal’s email address to be summoned before the notary public, via video call for the authentication purpose.
- During the video call, the principal is supposed to show their original identity card and the emirates ID.
- Once all the formalities are completed, the principal will receive a copy of the notarized power of attorney at his registered email address.
How much time and cost are involved in the formation of a power of attorney for residency and foreign affairs?
While the entire notarization process may take up to 3-5 working days, the cost for the same varies. The variation in the cost comes depending upon the duration of the power of attorney and also on the charges that is applicable for drafting the power of attorney. The cost of notarization comes around AED 300 plus VAT (value added tax) and can vary depending upon the duration of the power of attorney. The power of attorney drafting or writing fee starts around 80 AED exclusive of VAT.
Get your Power of attorney for residency and foreign affairs drafted and attested by the Notary public Dubai
At Notary Public Dubai, have professional legal consultants who can help you walk your way through all power of attorney matters. Be it drafting, to translation to getting it attested by the Notary, we do it all in one place. So, make your journey towards making your Power of attorney more convenient and hassle-free by contacting us today.