Are you looking to know what is the difference between Viewed and Opened on Snapchat? Well, these two words do hold a different mystery behind them. And that calls for a detailed guide. Snapchat comes up with a lot of words like Seen/ Viewed/ Send/ Received/ Opened, and each one of them is a whole story.
Whether it is about half opening the chat or fully viewing the snap; Snapchat can be used in every and many ways. Head on through this article to know what is the difference between viewed and opened on Snapchat. Also, learn what every color icon means to you on Snapchat.
What is the Difference Between Viewed and Opened on Snapchat?
The term Viewed and Opened hold different meanings on Snapchat. Here’s how the two words play a significant role on the platform:
View Icons in Snapchat
After you have opened a Snap or chat conversation, the square icon updates to a hollow one, it reveals that the message has been read well. As the icon changes:
- A hollow red square depicts that the snap or snaps without audio have been opened.
- A hollow purple square depicts that the snap or snaps with audio have been opened.
- A hollow blue square depicts that the chat has been opened
- A hollow gray square simply depicts that the snap or a chat sent has expired.
Opened Icons in Snapchat:
After you have received your snap or chat from a friend, you will see the Opened icon next to it. It comes up as a hollow arrow.
Have a look underneath at what each of the Opened icons means on Snapchat:
- A hollow red arrow depicts that the snap without audio was opened.
- A hollow purple arrow depicts that the snap with audio was opened.
- A hollow blue arrow depicts that the chat was opened
- A hollow green arrow depicts that the snap or a chat sent has expired.
What Does Blue Opened Mean on Snapchat?
The Blue opened icon simply means that your friend has opened your chat message.
Can You View a Snap Without Opening It?
Generally, Snapchat shows the Opened just now icon when the app itself gets opened.
After the user looks at that opened icon, it will remain in the opened state afterward. However, you won’t be able to see when the snap was actually viewed.
The major difference between Viewed and Opened on Snapchat is that viewed comes up as the hollow red square and shows that the snap is very well read. However, Opened means that the user just opened that particular snap.
Watch What Is The Difference Between Viewed And Opened On Snapchat
This was all about what is the difference between viewed and opened on Snapchat. Read along the difference and make Snapchat a safe and familiar space to be in.
Path of EX is an open space. Come along if you have any doubts and we will get back to you asap