Did you know that you can pinpoint a mobile phone’s location using a phone tracker? Tracking a mobile phone is a process of identifying the device’s location, whether moving or stationary. Several technologies enable people to locate a mobile device, but most use a phone tracker app.
A cell phone tracker app enables somebody to monitor another person’s device location. Also, people use this application to locate stolen or lost phones and tablets. Many parents use phone tracker apps to keep tabs on their children.
With these applications, parents can view information about their kids’ location, call history, text messages, social media messages, and internet searches, among others. This article defines phone tracker software or app while highlighting the best applications and answering common questions about them.
In This Article
What Is a Phone Tracker App or Software?
A phone tracker software or app is a program that a person downloads and installs on a tablet or smartphone to locate other devices. This app can access the GPS receiver and exchange messages with a server via Wi-Fi modules and GSM. GPS phone trackers are cheaper alternatives to hardware-based trackers because they have similar basic functionality. Also, people can use it for child tracking and mobile workforce management.
Today, some companies use geolocation propagation modeling for cellular-based mobile positioning. Some firms develop their applications while others download them from Google Play Store. After downloading and installing software on your phone, you can track any mobile phone anytime, anywhere.
Most people use spy apps to track mobile phone locations. You can use a parental control app, a phone tracker, or similar software to locate a phone’s location. A spy app has a GPS location tracker that enables the users to find another phone on the sly.
In most cases, people use a lost phone tracker to watch their devices as a precautionary measure if somebody thinks about stealing them. On the other hand, people use tracking applications to spy on other people without being caught.
Some people also use a phone lookup service to pinpoint a phone’s location within a general area. However, such a service has a limited scope because it can’t pinpoint the user’s exact location. Although you can type the phone number and find the person’s location for free, the service won’t record the target’s movement history.
With a spy app, you can track the phone’s precise location using an in-built GPS feature. Also, you can use a SIM card tracker or an app that provides a network-based location.
It’s Your Chance to Track Your Kids and Workers
The best phone tracker is a monitoring app that helps you record calls, track phone location, view text messages, screenshots, Instagram, internet activity, Viber, WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook, and Telegram. You can easily download and use it to track any mobile phone at any time. This technology presents a robust, functional, and modern tool for families, businesses, and anybody who wishes to locate another mobile phone. Thus, you can now use it to track your kids or workers.
Perhaps, the best thing about this app is that you can use it without the target person detecting you. That means all features of the application are in stealth mode. Using the best phone spy app makes locating the device location on Google Maps and history seamless. Also, you can spy on calls, text messages, and chats. Besides, you can take screenshots distantly and spy on Viber.
Why or Why Not Should You Use a Cell Phone Tracker App?
Modern smartphones come with a built-in GPS receiver that helps users avoid losing them, find their way to specific places, and even stay safe. Cell tower triangulation and GPS data can reveal your location if the device has a signal.
Many people use a cell phone tracker app to track their stolen or lost phones. What’s more, some people use the application to monitor their elderly parents’ or kids’ locations. Some apps use GPS tracks to send alerts to specific numbers in case of harmful threats.
Perhaps, the primary reason to use a mobile phone tracker is to make life more convenient and safer. For instance, you can use this app to find a nearby Uber or restaurant. Also, a good app can help emergency responders to locate you during an emergency.
Initially, emergency services employed triangulation technologies to estimate the location of the callers by evaluating the signal strength from the mobile masts. But this could take time and be less accurate compared to GPS tracks.
However, this technology brings privacy concerns. For instance, somebody can use these mobile tracking applications to stalk others. And this is risky, especially for children, because some applications allow users to track anybody’s location.
Also, companies can use location trackers to target and send ads. Some people have expressed concerns about companies that use the apps to follow them, build profiles around their habits, and sell them to advertisers.
While some people don’t mind advertisers, thieves can also know about your daily schedule using some of these applications. Data brokers can also sell this information to law enforcers or other parties.
Essentially, these applications can provide an invasive glimpse into your private life. Therefore, consider disabling casual location-tracking features in the application. Nevertheless, tracking information is available to emergency services and phone providers.
Advantages of Phone Tracker Apps
Most individuals use their smartphones for more than calling friends and loved ones. For some individuals, their mobile phones have vital and sensitive information they wouldn’t want to get into the wrong hands. Therefore, they use tracker apps to help them locate their devices if they lose them or criminals steal them. Below are the benefits of using a phone tracking app.
- Locating a lost device: Most applications use GPS track technology to find mobile phones. The global positioning system uses satellites that these apps use to accurately discover devices in a network. Thus, an internet-enabled device with a mobile locating app can help you find a phone when you misplace it within seconds. The best app will pull up the phone’s current location and data showing its movement. Also, it may help you wipe the phone remotely, lock its home screen, or ring it via the internet connection if you can’t locate it.
- Check on your loved ones: You can use a phone tracker app to build a private circle comprising ring-fenced users. That way, you can track your loved ones using the app. For instance, your kid can say they are visiting a friend’s house but fail to send you a message confirming their safe arrival. If you use a phone tracking app to build a circle of your loved ones, the software can send you a notification confirming their arrival at that location. Also, you can use the app to track your spouse’s location at any time.
- Business management: Your business can sink if you mismanage overheads. Some companies issue smartphones to employees. Therefore, they can use tracking apps to locate the employees and see whether they spend their time on the assigned jobs. What’s more, phone tracking apps for businesses provide additional features, like the ability to warn employees when they drive faster than the allowed speed limit. Thus, such apps are essential for delivery and taxi companies.
- Child safety: Many parents use cell phone trackers to know their children’s whereabouts and activities. Some trackers have embedded software that sends data periodically showing the parents the current locations of their kids. Using the internet to log into the service, a parent can view the child’s background and where they were previously. Thus, such an app can tell a parent whether a kid is dishonest or honest about their activities or are in a potentially hazardous location.
- Emergency services: The fire department personnel and the police can use information from the GPS receiver of your phone or work with your cell phone provider to pinpoint your device’s location relative to nearby cell towers. Thus, the police or personnel can quickly locate and help you during the emergency even if you can’t speak or don’t know the location.
Overall, installing a location tracker on your iOS, Windows, or Android phone has several advantages. However, be careful to use the best app to track cell phones without putting personal information at risk. Also, read reviews to know the features and how your preferred app works.
List of Top Rated Free/Paid Cell Phone Tracker Apps
uMobix is a mobile device monitoring app compatible with Android and iOS. This application tracks most activities of the target devices, including phone calls, GPS location, text messages, web history, social media, and messengers. This app provides real-time access to the target device while allowing you to record screenshots on the device.
SpyBubble is a cloud-based mobile spy and computer monitoring software. This application is compatible with Android, Mac, and Windows operating systems. Its installation on the target device is super easy. The app runs in stealth mode upon installing it, meaning the target person won’t know that you’re monitoring them. This app records calls, allows you to read emails and texts, take screenshots, check WhatsApp and Facebook messages, activate the camera, take photos remotely, and capture keystrokes. The app sends the captured data to a web-based account.
GEOfinder is also a web-based phone tracker for iOS and Android phones. It enables the user to locate a device using the phone number. It’s easy to use and provides the accurate location of the target device or person. The app facilitates precise location tracking, location syncing, and the history of the previous area.
Hoverwatch enables the user to GPS-track mobile devices, monitor calls, and read messages. The app runs in stealth mode, meaning you will be invisible to the person using your target device. With this application, a parent can view the information that the kid sends or receives on their device. Also, it saves information about the websites that the target device user visits.
Is It Legal to Install a Cell Phone Tracker on Someone Else’s Phone?
It depends on your location and what you can do with the tracker. In countries like the U.S., you require the target person’s permission or a warrant from a bona fide law enforcer. If not, you could violate wiretapping laws by intercepting communications with the tracker. Thus, you could commit a C felony and risk 1 to 2 years in prison.
Is There a Way to Track My Wife’s Phone Without Her Knowing?
Yes. The best way to do so is using a phone monitoring app or a tracking app. That way, you can secretly track your wife’s location and everything that goes out or inside her phone.