Black history month is here and it is a time to celebrate your African-American heritage. Thanks to contemporary social media scenarios you can even celebrate Black History Month on your favorite platforms. By putting by engaging Black History Month hashtags and captions on your favorite social media platforms, you can involve more audience and in turn, increase the engagement of your content. In this article, I will tell you about, Black History Month Captions.
Black History Month is known as African-American History Month which is observed and celebrated from February 1 to March 1st. Black History Month on social media is celebrated with great enthusiasm. To get better engagement on your posts during Black History Month, you will need powerful captions for your posts on the platforms. So without further ado, let’s dig in to know about Black History Month Captions for your posts.
Powerful Black History Month Captions to Share on Your Social Media
Black History Month is an important historical annual event. You can celebrate the event by learning about African-American history, supporting local black-owned businesses, and participating in social media campaigns that inform about the importance of the occasion.
In the list given below, I have mentioned powerful Black History Month captions that will make your posts stand out on your favorite social media platforms.
- “The Black skin is not a badge of shame, but rather a glorious symbol of national greatness.” — Marcus Garvey
- “I make Black history every day, I don’t need a month.” — Kanye West
- “The more you know of your history, the more liberated you are.” — Maya Angelou
- “Say it loud: I’m Black and I’m proud!” — James Brown
- “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” — Frederick Douglass
- “My skin is black. My arms are long. My hair is woolly. My back is strong.” — Nina Simone
- “You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right.” — Rosa Parks
- “Without community, there is no liberation.” — Audre Lorde
- “I’m rooting for everybody Black.” — Issa Rae
- “Love takes off the masks we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” — James Baldwin
- “Being conscious of Global Blackness is knowing that we are not an island of our struggle but a nation of our triumphs.” — Luvvie Ajayi
- “A man without knowledge of himself and his heritage is like a tree without roots.” — Dick Gregory
- “You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.” — Malcolm X
- “Our ancestors hold us from within our own bodies, guiding us through our reflections.” — Beyoncé
- “You can kill a revolutionary, but you can never kill the revolution.” — Fred Hampton
- “My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.” — Desmond Tutu
- “If they don’t give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair.” — Shirley Chisholm
Also, read 10 Best Black History Month Snapchat Filters & Lenses to Try On!
Empowering Quotes From Famous Black People in History
History will remember civil rights activists who stood against the waves and worked their way to speak about freedom, equality, and the end of racism.
In the list given below, I have mentioned powerful Black History Month quotes by famous black people that you can use as captions on your favorite social media platforms.
- “Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” — Coretta Scott King, civil rights leader and wife of Martin Luther King Jr.
- “If they don’t give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair.” — Shirley Chisholm, first Black woman elected to Congress
- “Anyone who claims to be a leader must speak like a leader. That means speaking with integrity and truth.” — Kamala Harris, first female vice president of the United States
- “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” — Frederick Douglass, abolitionist
- “The time is always right to do what is right.” — Martin Luther King Jr., minister and civil rights activist
- “Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” — Ella Fitzgerald, American jazz singer
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” — Muhammad Ali, professional boxer
- “We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” — Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
- “I knew then and I know now when it comes to justice, there is no easy way to get it.” — Claudette Colvin, civil rights pioneer
- “Character is power.” — Booker T. Washington, educator and author
- “I had no idea that history was being made. I was just tired of giving up.” — Rosa Parks, civil rights activist
- “I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger.” — Serena Williams, a professional tennis player
- Your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something to own.” — Michelle Obama, the former first lady of the United States
- “What’s in front of you is a whole world of experiences beyond your own imagination. Put yourself, and your growth and development, first.” — Phylicia Rashad, actress
- “Use your skills, your knowledge, your instincts to serve the world — to go change the world in the way that only you can.” — Robert F. Smith, investor
- “If we want to get to the place where all lives matter, then we have to make sure that Black lives matter, too.” — Alicia Garza, civil rights activist and co-founder of the Black Lives Matter movement
- “Whatever we believe about ourselves and our ability comes true for us.” — Susan L. Taylor, journalist
Also, read 100+ Black History Month Quotes For 2023 Which You Cannot Miss
Black History Month is here! African-American History Month is celebrated from February 1 to March 1st. I hope all your queries regarding, Black History Month Captions are cleared. Now, go use the above-mentioned captions on your social media platforms. For more trending stuff, keep visiting Path of EX.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Black History Month?
Black history month is an annual celebration of African-American heritage. It is a way of remembering important people and events in the history of the African diaspora.
When is Black History Month celebrated?
Black History Month is known as African-American History Month which is observed and celebrated from February 1 to March 1st.