Has working out religiously been your goal for years? If yes, then I am here to make sure that you complete your goal with ease and fun. In this article, you will find the best workout apps.
Due to the pandemic and quarantine, all of us have spent most of our time sitting idle and binge-watching tons of shows. Working out was probably the last thing we all did. But now it is time to buckle up and make amends. We can use so many good workout apps to get the body we all desire of.
- PEAR Personal Fitness Coach
- Workout Trainer
- Yoga Studio
- Leap Fitness Home Workout
- YAYOG (You are your own Gym)
- Google Fit: Health and Activity Tracker
The above-mentioned applications are the best workout apps available. Read further to know more about the features, pros, and cons of the best workout apps.
Best Workout Apps of 2021
The list carries the best workout apps of 2021 that you must have. Choose the right application for yourself and get hold of your dream to be fit.
Fitocrary helps you track your fitness goals and set a target. You can record your exercise time, and track your progress. The App is widely accepted for its high user base and the easy-to-understand interface. It is like a workout social networking app where you can have your workout squad with you that encourages you when you go off track and cheers you on when you complete your target.
- Plan and log workouts.
- Follow users and connect with them.
- You can earn points by completing your workouts.
- The app has built-in workout tips and daily articles to help you further.
- Fitocrary has the provision of you joining virtual teams led by a real trainer.
- View your progress with the help of charts that the app creates for you.
- The app is not very stable so it can crash at times.
This app is most useful to cyclists and runners. It lets you track your progress in the form of statistics. It records your time, pace, elevation, etc. You can compare various attributes related to your exercise and see how far you’ve come. The app comes with a leaderboard so you can compare your progress with those who are working out with you. It also has a map, so you can find new running routes.
- Strava lets you showcase your exercise tenure.
- You can comment on your friends’ activity reports.
- The app offers training progress.
- It gives you an image of your elevation, time, pace, etc. so you are always on top of your game.
- Strava does not provide a lot of privacy regarding your workout activities.
- The app offers a lot of competition so you might get demotivated at times.
3. PEAR Personal Fitness Coach
The PEAR Personal Fitness Coach ensures hands-free app usage. You can connect any music on the app and simultaneously perform your activities. The app has a variety of guided workouts so you can choose the workout that works the best for you. You can listen to music from the app while simultaneously doing your exercises.
- The app has training programs.
- You can work on a workout plan according to your needs.
- The workout videos can be played simultaneously with the music.
- No need to go to the app when wanting to change the workout.
- Plan your work out schedule.
- The videos provided on the app can be of lower quality.
- You cannot let a lot of the app features for free.
4. Workout Trainer
This is one app that takes care of both beginners and professionals alike. You can be just starting out or already established, this app has it all for you. From low-intensity home exercises to high equipment gym workouts, you can make use of anything on this app.
- You can customize your workout schedule.
- The app has the option of getting notifications so you are updated at all times.
- Set goals for yourself and work on them.
- You can establish reminders on the app to stay on track.
- You can begin with a free plan and get on with your work.
- A professional can be hired to cater to your workout needs.
5. Yoga Studio
If you do not wish to do workouts and want to focus on your mental and physical health at the same time, Yoga Studio can help you establish that. The benefits of Yoga are abundant and this app takes care of all of it. The app has integrated the best Yoga poses for you. You can choose to go like lying poses, standing poses, Surya Namaskar or any other form of Yoga and the app will guide you towards you.
Also, read Best Family Apps 2021
- The benefits of Yoga have been incorporated into the app.
- You can customize your plan according to the area you wish to focus on.
- Work on Strength, Core, stability, wellness, depending upon your plan of the day.
- The Yoga videos come with commentary so your postures can be well maintained while you’re doing your Yoga.
- The app also gives you information about the yoga asana you are performing so you know exactly what you are doing.
- It does not provide any heavy workout plans.
- Doing Yoga asanas alone can be demotivating at times.
6. Leap Fitness Home Workout
You don’t have the time to leave your house for any workout, need not fret, Leap Fitness Home workout will help you remain fit and healthy.
- The app is free of cost and does not require you to buy a premium version.
- The home workout app stays true to its name and provides different forms of a home workout.
- The app provides the best workout routines with minimum equipment usage.
- You can choose a workout schedule specific to the kind of exercise you wish to do.
- It also provides you with an already ready 30-day workout routine.
- You can choose an area of your body you wish to work on and do exclusive exercise for that motto.
- The app does not have the most appealing User-interface.
Sworkit is an all-in-one app. The app provides everything from workout planning, to recording your workout to also customizing your exercise.
Also, check out Best Food and Drinks Apps for Android and iOS 2021
- The app comes with a variety of exercises to choose from.
- There is no limit as to how much exercise you need to do in a day.
- The app comes with customization, so you can set an exercise plan for yourself depending on your requirements and the time in hand.
- If you are a beginner at working out, the app offers a six-week program to get yourself acquainted with the workout platform.
- Sworkit lets you record the time you spent working out, etc.
- The exercises on the app are easy to follow.
- If you are looking for extensive exercises, this is not the app for you.
- There is menial help provided by the teachers on the app.
8. YAYOG (You are your own Gym)
YAYOG lets you get rid of the gym entirely. The app focuses and teaches how you can remain fit and healthy without relying on bulky gym equipment. It teaches you how you can turn your home into a gym.
- The app comes with more than 200 exercises.
- The exercises available on the app have been divided into different categories letting you choose as per your choice.
- The app comes with a free plugin wherein you can also see the videos of the exercises.
- It makes use of basic equipment like a chair to teach ways to exercise.
- The app is not known for its appealing user-interface.
- It does not help you with heavy equipment exercises.
The HealthifyMe app is one of the most popular workout apps. The app not just lets you keep a count of your physical activity, but also comes with a calorie counter that lets you record the food you ate all day according to portions.
- The app is best for you if you are also concerned about your diet plan along with exercises.
- You can set your goals on the app and get useful advice.
- The app comes with a diet plan and a BMI calculator.
- HealthifyMe suggests your diet according to the calorie limit you set for yourself.
- You can also take the help of the virtual assistant on the app.
- To get access to the exercises you should do, you will have to buy the paid version of the app.
10. Google Fit: Health and Activity Tracker
If you are a fan of Google products, Google Fit will be loved by you. This app takes care of everything related to your light workout. The features of the app make it stand out from all the other apps available online.
- The app comes with a step counter. You do not need to open the app to record your steps. As soon as you start walking, the app starts walking with you.
- You can set a step target for yourself and see how far you are from it.
- The app records all the physical activities.
- With the help of Google Fit, you can know about things like Elevation, pace, distance covered, etc.
- You can also track your heart points from the app and the calories burnt.
- Google Fit app is user friendly and very easy to understand.
These were the 10 best workout apps. Make sure to pick the best application for yourself. These workout apps has varied features and offers amazing services.
Happy Working Out!
Feature Image Credits: Coach Mag US