A good Wi-Fi connection can be a reliable option to browse the internet in many cases. Be it working from home, watching Netflix, or homeschooling your children. In comparison to wired broadband or Fiber connections, Wi-Fi provides the flexibility of connecting multiple devices through the best Wi-Fi extender simultaneously and enjoying seamless browsing and experience in all of them.
The Wi-Fi connection is routed or comes through a device called a router. Every router has a limited range in which you can stay connected. In areas that are away from your Wi-Fi router, you may face difficulty as the connection gets weaker because of the low range.
Buying an affordable Wi-Fi extender is the most convenient option to solve this problem. A Wi-Fi extender is a device that gets connected to your main Wi-Fi router and extends the Wi-Fi network range to a wider area of up to 2800 sq. ft. Here is a list of the best Wi-Fi extenders that you can buy for under $100 in 2022.
5 Must-Have Wi-Fi Extenders in 2022
With extensive research and collecting consumer reviews, I have made a list of the 5 best Wi-Fi extenders that will last you a lifetime. All the products mentioned are under $100 and offer a reliable connection in the long run.
The buying links are mentioned at the end of this article to get you the bang for the buck. Also, it will keep us going with intensive research like this one to save you a few bucks.
1. D-Link E15 Eagle Pro AI Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Range Extender AX1500 | $64.99
D-Link E15 Eagle Pro is a reliable and easy-to-operate Wi-Fi extender at this price point. This one may not ensure the fastest downloads and uploads speed, but it definitely comes with all the new-age specs like Wi-Fi 6 and AI integration.
Here is the list of its detailed specs:
- The AI Assistant is capable of monitoring your usage and sends recommendations via the Eagle Pro AI Mobile App (Android, iOS).
- AI Mesh technology ensures a clean mesh network to enhance security and privacy.
- It has a Gigabit Ethernet port through which you can add Wi-Fi connectivity to a wired device.
- Wi-Fi 6 delivers blazing-fast Wi-Fi with increased range and reliability.
- You can create profiles, set schedules, block specific web domains, and pause the internet to ensure Enhanced Parental Control.
2. TP-Link AC1900 Wi-Fi Extender (RE550) | $69.99
TP-Link AC1900 Wi-Fi Extender (RE550) is our top pick because of its price-to-performance ratio. You can connect up to 35 Devices at once, covering an area of 2800 Sq.ft.
Here is the detailed list of its technical specs:
- It comes with a Fast AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi connection – Simultaneously 600Mbps on 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps on 5GHz.
- It has 3 Antennas to ensure better Wi-Fi coverage and reliable connection in every corner.
- The Gigabit Ethernet port acts as a wireless adapter through which you can connect a wired device at Gigabit speed.
- Intelligent Signal Light – Help to find the best location for optimal Wi-Fi coverage by showing the signal strength.
- The connection can be easily managed through TP-Link Tether App (Android & iOS).
3. Linksys Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender (AC1900) | $84
Linksys Wi-Fi Extender is a compact device that will not block other power outlets, unlike other Wi-Fi outlets. It comes with MU-MIMO technology (a.k.a. Next-Gen AC or AC Wave 2). This means through network-intensive workloads can be handled simultaneously.
Here is the list of its detailed specs:
- Extend your network range up to 2500 sq. ft. by plugging it into any A/C outlet.
- MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) technology ensures that your Wi-Fi network is delivered faster and you can seamlessly stream 4K or HD movies, and play online games, without any buffering or lag.
- No need to adjust your router settings as it is compatible with all the routers.
- This Linksys Wi-Fi extender comes with Cross Band Technology for maximizing simultaneous use of both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands for a high-speed connection.
- Through the Gigabit Ethernet Port, you can connect a game console, Blu-ray player, or Smart TV to enjoy uninterrupted streaming.
4. NETGEAR Wi-Fi Mesh Range Extender EX7300 | $88
NETGEAR Wi-Fi Mesh Range Extender EX7300 is the oldest but the most reliable option to extend your Wi-Fi network range. With its AC2200 Dual Band Wireless Signal, you can enjoy your Wi-Fi network range in up to 2300 sq. ft.
Here is the detailed list of its specs:
- You can connect up to 40 devices at once, including smartphones, Cameras, Tablets, and IoT devices and all of them can be easily managed through the NETGEAR Wi-Fi Analyzer app (Android & iOS).
- It can work with any wireless router, gateway, or cable modem.
- For the best streaming and Gaming experience, you can simply plug in game consoles or other wired devices into its Gigabit port.
- It supports WPA/WPA2, and WEP secured wireless security protocols.
- You can press the WPS button to connect with your router. Use the NETGEAR Wi-Fi Analyzer app for optimal location.
5. TP-Link AC2600 Wi-Fi Extender(RE650) | $99.99
TP-Link AC2600 Wi-Fi Extender comes with a quad antenna setup to give you a network extension range than a triple or double antenna Wi-Fi extender. It has got features such as MU-MIMO and Dual-band technology to ensure enhanced download and upload speeds.
- TP-Link RE650 is compatible with any type of Router / Gateway / Access Point with 2.4GHz at 800Mbps or 5GHz at 1733Mbps).
- MU-MIMO Wave 2 technology allows the RE650 to talk to multiple devices at once for optimal Performance between devices. Beamforming Technology sends targeted Wi-Fi signals to individual devices for stronger connections
- Smart indicator lights help provide optimal placement. Should be installed between the Router and the desired area.
- The presence of a Gigabit Ethernet port ensures the connection of wired devices for high speed and a seamless network experience.
- It is easy to install and provides you with stable connections for any type of application, such as Retail POS, Gaming, Streaming, smartphones, voice assistants, and a lot more.
Note: All Wi-Fi extenders are designed to increase or improve Wi-Fi coverage, not directly increase speed. In some cases improving signal reliability can affect overall throughput.
Things to Know Before Buying the Best Wi-Fi Extender
Installation of multiple Wi-Fi routers can add a significant cost if you have a big space. The normal Wi-Fi router cannot reach areas that are far away from its range. These areas are also called dead zones as there is little or no Wi-Fi network range in these areas. Buying a Wi-Fi extender solves this problem forever. They are cheap, reliable, easy to set up, and offer great utility.
However, if you move away from the main Wi-Fi router, you need to connect to your Wi-Fi extender network separately in order to continue browsing the internet. When you roam in a different area of your house, you may have to manually reconnect between the Wi-Fi extender and the main Wi-Fi router. I have solved that problem for you.
All the Wi-Fi extenders in my list allow you to change the network name and password and keep it exactly as your main router. Once done, if you move to an area where a Wi-Fi extender needs to connect, your device will automatically detect the Wi-Fi extender network and you can experience a seamless Wi-Fi range without connecting multiple times.
All the Wi-Fi range extenders on the list are easy to operate. Just plug in, press the WPS button to enable Wi-Fi Protected Setup mode, then press the WPS button on your router to pair the router with the Wi-Fi extender. The Wi-Fi extender will use the router’s existing connection and its speed to broadcast its own network. If you are operating the Wi-Fi extender for the first time, you’ll see its network name listed as “_EXT” tacked onto the end.
This brings you to the conclusion of the best Wi-Fi extender. You may choose any of them that suits your budget and enjoy using your Wi-Fi network without hiccups. For more steal deals and product comparisons, keep vising our website.