The weather is one of the most unpredictable things in this world. To take care of that, we have made for you a list of the best weather apps for Android devices.
Smartphones have become the new go-to apparatus for everyone. Keeping a track of the weather is now easier than ever. Rain, cloudy, sunny, these apps will help you stay updated and protect you from what the weather has in store for you.
Some of the best weather apps for Android are:
- Today Weather
- Yahoo Weather
- Carrot Weather
These weather apps more or less come with the same features, but we have discussed them further, explaining their points of difference and which app you should go for. They offer certain extended features along with providing you with a generic weather schedule. Read further to find out more about it.
Best Weather Apps for Android
These apps are the best and have been well researched. These weather apps keep you prepared for what the day holds along with a lot of extended features.
This is one of the most commonly and popularly used weather apps available for Android users. It gives you a daily, weekly, and also hourly update. If you are planning a trip, make sure you check on this app to avoid any bad weather surprises. It gives you an accurate temperature analysis so nothing remains unpredictable.
- There is an Hourly weather update.
- The app has a Beautiful UI attracting
- With the severe weather warnings, you are updated at all times.
- The live radar of the app ensures complete accuracy.
- A subscription is available for selected users.
- Get hyper-localized weather reports.
2. Today Weather
It is a very easy to use, functional weather prediction app. It is quick in showing results and so is used by a lot of people to get proper and correct weather updates. Most people use this app exclusively due to its simplicity.
It includes everything that a regular weather app has from precipitation details, humidity to timely temperature updates, this weather app has it all. If you are someone who is always on the go and wants quick weather updates, this is the right app for you.
- This app is simple, precise, and easy to use.
- It is free to use with optimal in-app purchases.
- It is very easy to view the information here.
- Gives you an air quality and UV index to ensure your safety.
- Watch sunrise and sunset by getting the exact timing of their occurrence.
3. Yahoo Weather
Yahoo Weather is a beautiful weather app. With amazing graphics and unique designs, this app has been much loved by the users. The authenticity of Yahoo is another added advantage that makes this app more reliable.
It provides precise and right weather updates so you know exactly what to be prepared for. On this app, you can track the weather of 20 cities at the same time. With no in-app purchases, this app is available free of cost for all but has a lot of ads.
- 5-day and 10-day weather forecast available.
- Animated graphics are available on the app.
- You can browse the interactive map to see where it is raining, snowing, etc.
- This app is enabled for Talkback.
- Add up to 20 cities to track.
- You can easily switch between locations, by swiping.
1Weather has been available for the users for a very long time now. It has been widely accepted by people for its simple features. With standard features like hourly weather updates, it is also a highly rated weather app for Android users.
Having an in-built storm and tornado tracker, helps you remain prepared for whatever might come next. Not just this, its integration with videos has made it more acceptable and fun for the users.
- It provides health advice by showing pollen count, Air Quality Index, and also the presence of pollutants including PM 10.
- Extended forecasts help you plan further.
- Find a weekly weather report to plan a long trip.
- Get a 48 hour detailed forecast updated hourly.
- Moonrise, moon phase timings are also available on the app.
- HD videos on the app give weather updates.
- Live session with updated climate reports and news.
5. Carrot Weather
It is a comparatively new weather app. It is in line with what the newer generation wants. Along with providing the generic weather reports, it features some witty and sarcastic quotes that make the app very fun and entertaining. It accesses your location and gives customized and precise updates of the weather prediction.
With Carrot weather, you can get updated exact hourly, current daily forecasts. The premium version of the app is much more interesting than the regular one for it provides a weather history too. You can go back to up to 70 years or even 10 years in the future.
- It is very interesting and fun to use.
- The dialogue and scenery change help in interactive forecasts.
- Weather predictions are provided in ‘Unexpected’ ways.
- Super accurate weather data is provided.
- There are 32 secret locations available on the app.
- Customized widgets are available for premium app subscribers.
- Whether time travel can be done on the app if you have bought the premium app.
Final Verdict :
You need to have at least one weather app on your android device purely because of how unpredictable the weather is. All the apps that we’ve mentioned above provide precise weather forecasts but these are some extended features that differentiate them. We are hopeful that this article was of some help to you. Let us know in the comments below which app attracted you the most. Your feedback is appreciated.
Feature Image Credits: XDA Developers