Looking for some best video streaming apps? If yes, then you are in the right place. We have a list of the best online video streaming apps that you must have.
Online video streaming was a very new thing a few years back. With the help of the advancement in the latest technology, we can literally sit at the comfort of our homes and live stream videos. If you love binge-watching shows on video streaming apps, then look ahead for some amazing apps.
List of the Best Video Streaming Apps 2021 includes:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Movies Anywhere
- Sling TV
- Larix Broadcaster
- nanoStream Live Video Encoder
- Wirecast Go
The above mentioned video streaming apps are the best of all. Read further to know more about the features of these applications.
Best Video Streaming Apps 2021
If you love to stream live videos or watch TV shows and movies online, then we have the best apps that you must have. You can easily download and use these apps on Android phones as well as iOS phones.
1. Amazon Prime Video
One of the most popular video-streaming apps for Android has to be Amazon Prime Video. This application is used worldwide. Amazon Prime is an extension to the Amazon services. Subscribing to Amazon Prime offers you many services. These services include 2-day shipping, music streaming, some cloud storage, and of course the video streaming service.
The Prime Video has a huge number of TV shows, movies in different languages. So and so, the platform has increased to different heights that it also has many Original Tv shows and Movies.
Subscription of Amazon Prime
$12.99 per month
$119.99 per year
Crackle is the best online video streaming platform that is for free. Yes, you heard it right! You can watch your favorite shows and movies for free. Crackle lets you sort and search by category. Even, the streaming quality is not that bad considering it is all free of cost.
However, there are a few negative points, like the application drains more battery as compared to its competitors. Also, the app can get a little glitchy from time to time. You can easily download this application from your Play Store.
The application is free of cost. However, it does include ads.
Disney’s official video streaming service is Disney+. The content of Disney+ cannot be questioned considering the long-run reputation of the brand. The application offers many TV shows and movies that you can binge-watch. The content includes the Star Wars and the Marvel universe.
Disney+ made it to the controversy when they ripped off all its content from its competitive streaming service. Let’s be honest we are not a fan of this!
Also, read 50+ Best Movies On Disney Plus
With the subscription to Disney+, you also get ESPN and Hulu (and that’s just awesome)
$6.99 per month
$69.99 per year
Hulu is among the pioneers of online streaming applications. The app has more diverse options for TV shows and movies in comparison to its competitors. You can watch a whole bunch of old and classic movies and TV shows. The app also offers live television along with regular online streaming. In the service, you get over 50 channels. The best part of Hulu is that it also comes with a free trial as well as Chromecast support.
$5.99-$39.99 per month
5. Movies Anywhere
Movies Anywhere is one of the newest video streaming platforms. For a new application, it offers you many movies. This application supports iTunes, Vudu, Google Play Movies, and Amazon Video. Along with all this, the application also supports Chromecast. Isn’t that one more reason to download this application right now.
Considering it is a new application, Movies Anywhere does not have any unique features like 4k movies.
Free, but movie prices vary.
There is literally no need to pitch in for an application like Netflix. One of the most used and popular applications worldwide is Netflix. This application offers you diverse options for TV shows and movies, along with much original content. Netflix is not just an online video streaming application anymore, it is more of a brand in itself. Netflix supports 4k, Chromecast, Miracast, and most Smart TVs and game consoles
$8.99-$15.99 per month
7. Sling TV
Just like Hulu, Sling is one of the pioneers of live TV streaming apps. Sling TV offers many basic features that include popular news channels, local sports channels, and more. The application offers a basic package that is reasonably priced. You can also add more channels to your plan at a very nominal fee.
For an old application, the design is very basic and simple yet appealing.
$20-$25 per month
8. Larix Broadcaster
Larix Broadcaster is one of the best and most preferred iOS video streaming apps. This application has a rating of 4.4 stars out of 5 on the App Store. This application has been called “Simple and Effective” and “The Best”.
This application is free to download and use.
Features of Larix Broadcaster
- Live H.264/AAC encoding.
- HEVC(H.265) encoding (where available).
- SRT streaming in Caller (Push), Listen and Rendezvous mode, libsrt version 1.4.2.
- RTMP and RTSP streaming.
- SSL support for RTMPS/RTSPS.
- RIST protocol streaming in Push mode: RIST Main and Simple profiles via librist version 0.2.0RC2.
- Pause the stream: a long tap on Start will pause the stream without disconnecting it, the video track will contain a black screen, the audio track will contain only silence.
- Watch the tutorial on creating connections
- Talkback for getting audio return feed via SRT, RTMP, Icecast, and SLDP.HEVC over RTMP is supported as a non-standard experimental feature.
- UltraHD resolution support.
- Front and back cameras are supported with a hot flip.
- Landscape and portrait mode with live rotation.
- Multi-camera capture with picture-in-picture and side-by-side on XR, XS, and later devices.
- iPhone 11 Dual/Triple camera system support, including wide-angle and telephoto camera.
- Audio-only capture support: disable preview, stream from the background, no video in the output stream.
Larix is compatible with Dacast
9. nanoStream Live Video Encoder
nanoStream had had its good times being one of the best video streaming apps for iOS. There was a time when this application was the most preferred app for video streaming. However, now the app is no longer compatible with Dacast, which certainly makes it lose its initial place.
One of the best parts of this application is that it supports external camera and even a drone video.
This application is free to download and use.
- H.264/AAC Live Video Encoding
- Hardware-accelerated video and audio encoding Broadcast/Streaming to nanoStream Cloud or custom RTMP Servers (e.g. Facebook Live, Youtube Live, Twitch)
- Ultra-low latency delivery and playback with nanoStream Cloud and H5Live player
- nanoStream SDK (available separately)
- High-Quality Full HD Broadcast
- Ultra-Low Latency
- Adaptive Bitrate Streaming and Quality Control
- Local Recording of HD Video while live streaming
- Save Bitmap Snapshots during Streaming
- Portrait Mode / Vertical Live Streaming
- Network Connectivity Checks and Auto-Reconnect
- RTMP Authentication and CDN Support
- Several Resolutions and Bitrates supported
- Live Front/Back Camera Switch
- Torch Mode
- Touch to focus
10. Wirecast Go
Wirecast Go is another great and amazing live video streaming application for iOS. This application lets you brand your stream with texts and images. Wirecast Go offers professionalism to the live stream.
You can also stream through this app on your iPhone vis Wirecast Cam. The application also lets you wirelessly connect to a computer running the main Wirecast Cam.
You can easily download this application from the Apple store for free. However, to unlock the RTMP streaming you will have to pay $5.99.
Produce live broadcasts from your iPhone
• Stream high-quality productions on the go from your iPhone to YouTube (free) or any custom RTMP destination (in-app upgrade)
Pairs perfectly with Wirecast desktop software (mac/win)
• Local Wifi Camera
• Remote Rendezvous Camera (WAN)
Switch between multiple prepared shots
• Switch between two shots (free)
• Upgrade in-app for unlimited shots (paid upgrade)
Brand your stream
• Overlay logos, pictures, images, and titles to your online broadcast to create a branded live-streamed production
• Resize and move graphics and images directly from the Wirecast Go interface
Replay highlights of your live broadcast
• Capture and replay clips of your live production with just a few clicks. Great for sports or other live events
Stream to YouTube Live & RTMP Servers
• Stream live to YouTube with just a few taps (free)
• Upgrade in-app for options to stream to other destinations (in-app upgrade)
Interact live with your audience directly from the Wirecast Go interface
• Send and receive chats
• Share your stream
• See how many viewers you have
Stream in portrait or landscape modes
• Broadcast in portrait or landscape mode, or switch mid-stream
Feature Image Credits: The Economic Times