Digital Marketing and Video Editing are the biggest emerging growth mediums. If you are looking for some video editing apps, we have a list of the 9 best video editing apps for Android and video editing apps for iOS.
When it comes to editing, we believe that everybody has definitely done it at least once in their life. You can use these apps to edit your pictures as well as videos. Before, picking up any one app you must know about its features.
The best video editing app is iMovie. This application offers many variant features. The list of the best video editing apps includes iMovie, Inshots, Quik, Magisto and many more. You can easily download these applications from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
We have tried and tested all these applications so that we can bring the list of the best video editing apps. Read further to know more about the features of these application.
Best Video Editing Apps for Android and iOS
Why iMovie is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
iMovies is just a bam in the editing world when it comes to iOS.
Hey you know, there is no need of being a pro editor now. You can make Hollywood style trailers and stunning 4k resolution movies. It is easier to use that can be shared with any platform right from the working app.
Also, Read Best Video Editing Apps for iOS 2021
This app is easy to use, yet performs drastically well because of several features. The key features are:
- You can directly import videos or pictures from several storage devices, iCloud, phone gallery, etc.
- It has 13+ creative video filters. You can add the filters to the individual clips or the whole of the movie with just one go.
- The advanced editing option allows the split screen, picture in picture, and green screen chroma key option for masking to give that extra edge to your clip.
- You can trim, crop, pinch, and seal the videos as per the need.
- It has got a media library with 80+ soundtracks to choose from.
- You can change the speed to create time-lapse and slow-motion videos.
- It is to work in harmony with the iPad version, you can edit videos on the iPhone and airdrop them to edit that on the iPad.
- The projects can directly be shared with a variety of platforms.
Thought it is loved by its users, it has drawbacks as well and these are:
- Its mobile version is difficult than the iPad one.
- The text animation is not up to mark.
App Store Rating
iMovie has a rating of 4.0 out of 5.
The app is good for the high end professional videography even if you have no prior knowledge with a lot of tutorials.
Price: It is a free tool to use.
Why Inshot is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
Inshot is one of the preferred apps for video editing when it comes to smartphones.
It is a pro video editor. Inshot has music, text, effect, blur, emoji but no crop option. It creates great videos in less duration.
Inshot have made editing easy with its features that include:
- You can make share-worthy videos with its feature to adjust video brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.
- You can add music, text and affects the video.
- It has got pre-defined theme templates.
- You can blend the videos with 55+ transitions and add over 1000+ stickers.
- It can extract audio from video.
With the positives, it had some negatives as well and these are:
- You cannot crop your videos.
- Contains a lot of ads and has a watermark.
- Problematic to understand.
App Store Rating
This app has got a rating of 4.8 out of 5 with 8M+ reviews and 100M+ downloads.
According to the professionals, this app is good for short videos for Instagram stories or Facebook.
Why Quik is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
If are not a pro at editing, Quik is the best video editing app for you.
Quik is a fun and easy editing app for people who want to edit videos on the go. Just Capture the video, edit them with your fingertips and share where ever you want. This app requires low effort but delivers high impact results.
Its automatic mode does its magic. Quik finds the best moments, edit them of their own with amazing transitions into the loved momentary video. While the manual one allows you to do wonders according to your personal choice.
Quik has got several surprising features that make your common videos look professional.
- You can edit videos using up to 75 videos or photos from your device, Go pro cloud, Google photos, Dropbox, etc.
- It even accepts motion pictures in different formats.
- The app has 23+ themes with lots of transitions and pre-defined graphics to add quality to the videos.
- You can customize your video with the options like a recorder, trim, and rotate photos.
- You can make your time-lapse and fast videos by adjusting the duration of the video slides.
- It has 100+ free songs in the library.
- You can import any song of your choice in the MP3, M4A, MOV, AAC, FLAC, AIFF &WAV format.
- It automatically finds the best pictures of 24hrs and creates a flashback for you to relive the moment.
- You can save and share videos in HD with 1080p/ 720p at 60fps.
The major drawbacks that make it a little disappointing are:
- It doesn’t have the option to adjust the basic feature like brightness, sharpness, contrast, saturation, etc.
- It has some bugs that pop out at times.
App Store Rating
Quik has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 by its trusted users.
According to the professionals, this app is extremely suitable for beginners. If you are someone who wants to automatically edit videos quicker, then you must go for this app.
Price: It is free to download and doesn’t have any in app purchases.
Why Magisto is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
The fifth preference that made up to the list is the Magisto.
Magisto makes the editing world simple. It can make the videos in minutes with just three simple steps.
You can make eye-catchy mini-movies. Not only this, you can make videos, slideshows and collages with crazy effects and music in little time.
Magisto is almost an automatic app and has several great features, which are:
- This app automatically edits your media by adding beautiful graphics, effects, filters and music.
- This has facial recognition technology which works well while adding filters, effects and auto-cropping.
- The AI uses stabilization and object detection to give best results.
- You can make videos as well as slideshows up to 10 mins with pre-defined themes.
- It’s easy to edit videos with the cut, trim, merge and record options.
- You can add text and a lot of inbuilt stickers from the library.
Being an automatic app, the Magisto has got some lacks and these are:
- Its automated features are hard to control.
- Screen recording is not available.
- The VIP subscription is difficult to cancel.
App Store Rating
Magisto holds a rating of 4.7 on the apple app store out of 5.
This app cannot be taken into consideration if you need long professional videos. Straight so, you can use it if you are a beginner or want isn’t a story in a short span.
Price: Magisto is a free app but has in-app purchases.
5. KineMaster Video Editor
Why Kine Master is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
Kinemaster is the ultimate one among the best video editing apps for ios.
Kinemaster is used worldwide by journalists, educators, marketers and bloggers.
It gives you the frame to frame editing option. You can easily reverse, blend, cut and add high-quality music.
The top-grossing video editing app is easy to use with lots of editing features. These include:
- You can add layers of videos, images, stickers, special effects and text.
- It has reverse, trim and splice option to work with ease.
- The music library, graphics and fonts are updated every week.
- This has got the colour adjustment tools to correct and enhance videos and image quality.
- You can use voice-overs, background music, voice changers and sound effects to increase the beauty of the video.
- It’s EQ preset, ducking and volume setting makes it look super easy for all.
- Unlike filmorago mobile versions, it supports the chroma key feature and gives an instant preview.
- You can export 4k/2160p videos at 30fps to any platform.
Also, check out Best Video Streaming Apps 2021
Kinemaster has some lacks. These are:
- Some users have reported exporting issues.
- Instigates its users to update for their paid version.
- The free version has watermarks.
App Store Rating
The Apple app store users mark it to be one of the best video editing apps for iOS with 4.7 out of 5.
This app is suggested to all those who want to make video editing a profession or a hobby.
Price: It is free to use.
Why Splice is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
Splice is a simple yet powerful tool to do video editing from the palm of your hands without any buzz.
Splice makes editing easy with fully customizable options. Its significant features are:
- You can choose from several different background colors, orientation, transitions, styles, and more.
- It’s easy to cut, trim and crop your photo slideshows and video clips.
- You can adjust the speed of the video at your convenience.
- It allows the pan and zoom options.
- The media library has a huge variety of free music and sound effects to choose the background track for your videos. you can import music from your own iTunes collection.
- You can share directly to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Mail, Messages, and more platforms along with the save draft option.
The users reported the lack of stopping and exit of its own.
App Store Rating
Splice has a rating 4.6 on a scale of 5.
This app is good to go app when it comes to the best editing apps for iOS. If you want to change the editing hobby into a profession you can start the journey with Slice.
Price: Free to use
Why LumaFusion is one of the best video editing apps for iOS?
The ultimate video editing app that is best for iOS is LumaFusion.
LumaFusion is the most popular pro video editing tool. It offers you power at your fingertips to create videos of any length. This gives you Phenomenal results with an elegant UI.
The app is fully functional with tutorials, overlay helps in the app, and a detailed user guide helps you to be the pro in a short time with fewer problems.
It is at the top in the list of the best editing apps for iOS because of its ease to use and incredible features. These are:
- You can create projects by screen recording or by editing the imported videos in any ratio either it be landscape, portrait, square, widescreen film.
- You can duplicate, color tag, add notes, sort your projects, and search them for easy management.
- It has dozens of royalty-free music, loops, sound fx, videos, and backgrounds to be used.
- You can have a desktop editing feel with its 6+ video/audio tracks for photos, videos, audio, titles, narration, music, and sound effects.
- Even it has the feature of previewing the project on an external monitor.
- You can create both time-lapse and smooth slow motion with 120 and 240fps files.
- It has useful color correction tools.
- You can add unlimited keyframes to animate any effect or color
Although this is the best editing apps for iOS, yet it has some drawbacks. It’s lacks are:
- Some uses find it to have glitches at importing media files.
App Store Rating
The best video editing apps for iOS have 4.8 ratings out of 5.
This app is recommended to all who want to create good quality videos with an iPhone. This app can turn your iPhone into a professional studio.
Price: General pricing is $29.99 and has in-App Purchases. The VIP access options include:
- Storyblocks Monthly – $9.99
- Storyblocks Yearly – $69.99
- FCPXML Export – $19.99
8. Filmora Go
Why Filmora go is one of the best video editing apps for android?
Filmora Go is an easy and practical app.
It is used by filmmakers and suits best for the beginners. It offers professional video editing with an emphasis on each basic need.
This easy to use powerful tool is suitable for videos of any length. Be it Instagram stories or movies, it can do all.
Filmorago stands second in the list of the best video editing apps for androids because of it’s high-end features:
- You can create memes, videos of any length with pictures and videos as well. Even, it has a screen recording option to make things easy for you.
- There are several editing options along with the features like adding text, audio, emojis, special effects, filters, and backgrounds.
- Filmorago offers a special feature of the blurred background.
- It has an inbuilt music library for background music. You can also expo the rt music of your choice.
- You can even have the feature to extract music from the videos.
- You can change the audio and video speed easily with ease. Also, the reverse option is available.
- This app makes the exported video easy to share on several platforms in any format.
The lacks in the mobile version of the filmorago are:
- Its chroma key feature is not available for the android version.
- While importing, some of the audio clips are not supported.
- The free version has a watermark.
- Expensive VIP excess.
Google Play Store Rating
Filmorago app is loved by most and has a rating of 4.5 with 490k reviews and 50+ million downloads.
The premium version of this app is just unbeatable. But if you are thinking about the free version, it is best for adding text, themes, and overlaps to make a professionally edited video.
Feature Image Credits: Gadget Liv