The year 2020 was filled with so many bad things altered by just a single medium of connection: Video Call Apps. Yes, you heard it right! I have curated a list of the best video call apps for Android and iOS users.
Video calling is now a part of life. You can’t just be far away from home and face time with your family. That is just unacceptable (literally). Use this list to find out the best video calling application for yourself.
There are many different video call apps available on the Internet. You can literally choose anyone of them. However, the best video call app has to WhatsApp Messenger for Android users and FaceTime for iOS users. Some other applications that you can use apart from the already named are Zoom Cloud Meetings, FaceTime, Google Meet, Viber Messenger, Google Duo, Skype, and Facebook Messenger.
Read further to know more about the features of the applications.
Best Video Call Apps for Android and iOS
Below is the list of the best video call apps for Android and iOS. choose wisely the application that matches your requirements. And, of course, have fun video calling your friends and family.
1. WhatsApp Messenger
Whatsapp is the best video call app for android. It has more than 2 billion users around the world. Millions of video calls are made with WhatsApp in one day. WhatsApp is very easy to use, you just have to find the contact and then, tap the button of the video call. Nowadays WhatsApp is controversial for its new privacy policies.
Features of WhatsApp
1. It is very simple and easy to use.
2. You can share photos, videos, documents, and many more things on WhatsApp.
3. The quality of video calls on WhatsApp is adjustable according to your internet connection.
4. There is no need to pay for international video calls or messages, it is free to use.
5. You can also set custom wallpaper or themes in your chat.
6. Whatsapp also allows you to upload your stories and share them with your contact.
WhatsApp has ratings of 4.5 on the App Store.
2. Zoom Cloud Meetings
Zoom is one of the best video call apps for iOS. After the Coronavirus outbreak, Zoom becomes more popular than ever. Zoom is very simple to use, you can connect more than 100 people on the same call. More than 300 million people use zoom app daily. Even in the slow internet, the quality of the video call is good.
Features of Zoom App.
- You can record your meetings on the Zoom app.
- Zoom adjust the quality of the video call according to your Internet connection.
- You can share your screen with more than 100 people.
- Zoom app supports both android and iOS and Desktops.
- After 40 minutes the will end and then you have to start again.
- The invite to the meeting or video chatting is so easy because you just have to share the link and by clicking the link he/she can join the meeting.
Zoom app has ratings of 4.5 on the App Store.
FaceTime app is very popular among iPhone users. The app is available only for MacOS and iOS. It is very easy to make video calls with FaceTime, just find the contact and start a video call or you can do this with iMessage app in your iPhone.
Features of FaceTime
- You can start a video call with anyone by using their Apple ID or phone numbers.
- In group video call FaceTime supports more than 32 people.
- In the FaceTime app, you can make both audio and video calls.
- You can use both the front and back camera during the video calling.
- It maintains your recent call list in the phone app.
- You can also use stickers and effects during the video call.
4. Google Meet
Google meet is the most Secured video call app. It has all the features which are necessary for a video chatting app. That is why Good Meet is the best Video Chatting App. It provides you with a high-quality video and more than 250 people can connect in a single meeting.
Features of Google Meet
- It gives you real-time captions
- You host meetings for an unlimited time.
- For inviting guests you just have to share the link with them and with one click they can join you.
- The option of the screen sharing is available in the Google Meet.
- It supports more than 250 people in a group chatting.
Google Meet has ratings of 4.5 on the App Store.
5. Viber Messenger
If you are concerned about your privacy then Viber Messenger is best for you. It has end to end encryption. Viber is simple, fast and free to use. It is a very good alternative to WhatsApp.
Features of Viber Messenger
- You can send free messages, gifs and stickers to anyone.
- The Quality of the audio and video call in Viber is excellent.
- In the group chat, you can add more than 250 people.
- There is an end to end encryption in the Viber so don’t worry about your personal information.
The Viber Messenger has ratings of 4.1 on the App Store.
6. Google Duo
Google Duo is the best video call apps for Android. The Google Duo has installations of more than 1 billion in the world. It is very simple to use this app. In the app there is no need to make an account, just download the app, verify your number, and start making calls.
Google Duo Features:
- There is a ‘‘Knock Knock’’ feature in Google Duo that lets you see the caller’s video before picking the call.
- You can make calls between iOS and Android.
- You can adjust the quality of the video according to your internet connection.
- In group video calls, it can support more than 32 people.
- If you are sitting in poor light condition during the video call, then use the Low Light Mode feature.
Google Duo has ratings of 4.5 on the Google Play store.
Skype is a free video call app for android. It has over 1 billion downloads. Skype supports HD video calls. If there is a slow internet in your area then it is better to use other video chatting apps.
Features of Skype:
- Skype supports more than 24 people in a group video call.
- Skype allows you to chat with your friends.
- In Skype, you can share your photos and videos with anyone.
- Skype supports HD video calling.
It has ratings of 4.3 on the Google Play store.
8. Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger is another video call app for android. It has more than 1 billion downloads all over the world. It is one of the most trusted video chatting app for android and it is free to use. A Facebook account is necessary to use Messenger.
Features of Messenger:
- In messenger, you can chat with your friends, send voice messages, and can create groups.
- You can connect with 8 people in one video call with high-quality audio and video.
- There is a lot of stickers, emojis, and filters that you can add in a video call.
- There is also an option of Dark mode in the video chat which gives your eyes some rest during the video call.
Facebook Messenger has ratings of 4.2 on the Google Play store.
Also, Read 8 Best Social Networking Apps for iOS 2021
Over the tweet of the world’s richest man Elon Musk, the downloads of the Signal app were boosted. When WhatsApp launches its new privacy policies, people start debates on it. Then Elon Musk tweeted ‘’Use Signal‘’ after the tweet people start downloading Signal.
Features of Signal App
- The signal app is always concerned about your privacy policies. All the video calls you make with the Signal have end-to-end encryption so don’t worry about privacy.
- In the Signal app, you can send messages, pictures, voice calls, and many more.
- There is also a built-in image editing feature in the app, in which you can edit your photos.
- There are no advertisements on the Signal app.
The signal app has ratings of 4.5 on the Google Play store.
Feature Image Credits: TechJockey