Looking for some of the tools and utility apps for your smartphone? Welcome, because you are at the right place. In this article, you can find a list of the Best Tools and Utility Apps in 2022.
It is very well known that our smartphones are called “Smart” because of their varied features and digital services. After a hustle of research, I have the best tools and utility apps that everybody must-have.
If these applications intrigue you, then there are some things that you must know. Read further to know more about these tools and utility apps and their amazing features.
11 Best Tools and Utility Apps for Android and iPhone in 2022
The best tools and utility apps mentioned below work well on both Android and iOS devices. So, whether you need an app on your iPad or in your smartphone, you can simply go to the app store and click Download.
Klok is a world time converter widget that helps you stay on time with people you care about in different time zones.
Quickly glance and convert time by swiping down from anywhere, your phone doesn’t even have to be unlocked. Its features make it one of the best tools and utility apps.
- Add the time zones you most commonly use
- Add the Klok widget so you can swipe down at any time to access
- Tap on a time zone and convert time instantly
- See the time converted across all time zones
2. Near Lock
Use your iPhone to lock and unlock your Mac automatically. When you walk away from your Mac, it will be automatically locked. Once you approach your workplace, Near Lock will unlock your Mac.
Features of Near Lock; one of the best tools and utility apps in 2022-
- Locking and unlocking your Mac automatically – depends on the distance between your iPhone and your Mac.
- Easily set the distance on which your Mac should be locked or unlocked.
- For additional security, use your fingerprint (Touch ID), double knock, or Apple Watch for each Mac login authorization.
- Manually lock and unlock your Mac with your iPhone
- Knock twice on your iPhone for a faster Mac login.
- Take a picture and receive a notification when anyone tries to login into your Mac.
- Track and see all recent Mac login and logout times.
- WiFi Unlock – keep your Mac unlocked while connected to your selected WiFi network (e.g. Home network).
- Clipboard – copy and paste text to and from your Mac.
- Choose between sleep (hibernate) and screensaver when locking your Mac
- Receive a notification when your Mac is locked or unlocked.
- Unlock your Mac directly with the iPhone’s interactive notifications – swipe left on received notifications.
- Control your Mac through the iPhone Notification Center Widget – quickly lock and unlock your Mac from anywhere on your iOS device.
- Control your audio: pause music when you log out, play when you log in – works with Spotify, QuickTime, VLC, iTunes.
Authy brings the future of two-factor authentication to the convenience of your iPhone or iPad.
The Authy app generates secure 2 step verification tokens on your device. It helps you protect your account from hackers and hijackers by adding an additional layer of security.
Features of Authy; one of the best tools and utility apps in 2022-
- Secure Cloud Backups:
Did you lose your device and get locked out of all of your accounts? Authy provides secure cloud encrypted backups so you will never lose access to your tokens again. Apple uses the same algorithm banks and the NSA use to protect their information.
- Multi Device Synchronization:
Are your re-scanning all your QR codes just to add them to your tablet and smartphone? With Authy you can simply add devices to your account and all of your 2fa tokens will automatically synchronize.
Still, waiting for an SMS to arrive? do you travel constantly and lose access to your accounts? Authy generates secure tokens offline from the safety of your device, this way you can authenticate securely even when in airplane mode.
- All of your accounts:
It supports most major multifactor authentication accounts including Facebook, Dropbox, Amazon, Gmail, and thousands of other providers. We also support 8 digit tokens.
Password: the password manager that’s as beautiful and simple as it is secure. Just add your passwords and let 1Password do the rest. Sign in to websites and apps with just a few taps, and use the password generator to change your passwords and make them stronger.
Everything you store in 1Password is protected by a Master Password that only you know. 1Password uses end-to-end encryption, so your data is only ever decrypted offline. The encryption keys never leave your device, and you are the only one who can see your passwords.
Features of 1Password; one of the best tools and utility apps in 2022-
- Unlock the app quickly and securely with Face ID
- Lock the app automatically to ensure your data is protected, even if your device is lost or stolen
- Use 1Password as your authenticator: store two-factor authentication codes and access them quickly when it’s time to sign in
- Get alerts when a site you use has been compromised and you need to change your passwords
Discord is your place to talk. Create a home for your communities and friends, where you can stay close and have fun over text, voice, and video. Whether you’re part of a school club, a gaming group, a worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time, Discord makes it easy to talk every day and hang out more often.
1. Create an invite-only place to talk
• Organized text channels give you plenty of room to talk about. Share your latest cooking mishaps while coordinating next week’s game night, or just talk about your day without clogging up a group chat.
• Voice channels make hanging out easy. Grab a seat in a voice channel when you’re free. Friends can see you’re around and pop in to talk, without having to call.
• Reliable tech for staying close. Low latency voice and video feels like you’re in the same room.
2. Stay close with Text, Voice and Video
• Wave hello over the video, watch friends stream their games, or gather up and have a drawing session with screen share.
• Turn any image into your own custom emojis and share them with friends.
• Share anything from a funny video to your latest group photos and pin your favorites to remember later.
6. Find My Device by Google
Find My Device is the Android tool. The function of this tool is as simple as its name. Find My Device app will help you find your smartphone if it’s lost or even stolen. This application is also compatible with phones, tablets, and Wear OS smartwatches.
Some other and amazing features of this app are that it lets you erase data from your device, lock your device, and even leave a message on the screen of the device. The message on the device will let the finder of the phone know about you. This application is a Google-sponsored app, hence it is free of cost. You can download this tools and utility app from the Google Play Store.
This application needs to be on your travel checklist always. GasBuddy is a tool for Android that helps you find gas. Yes, you heard it right! This app will help you find gas stations wherever ever you’re traveling. You can find the nearest gas station to you with the help of GasBuddy. This application only works in the US, Canada, and Australia.
You can easily download this app from the Google Play Store for free.
Note: This application might collect your data and sell it further. So, make sure to read all the terms and conditions before agreeing to them.
Price: Free/ Up to $9.99
GlassWire is one of the best tool and utility apps for Android. This application lets you know when other apps use your data. GlassWire can be beneficial in many things
- You can see exactly where the data went.
- It is very useful for security purposes because it will inform you when apps send data back to their home servers.
- You can see a real-time graph of your data usage
- You can customize data alerts
- Various other customizing features
You can download this application from the Google Play Store for free. You can also purchase the premium version for $0.99.
9. Google Assistant/Google Search/Google Feed
Google Assistant/ Google Search/ Google Feed is the most used and powerful tool for Android. Google Assistant is very easy to use and can literally do anything. The Google Assistant can give you information regarding the weather to control the lighting setup of your room. Google Assistant is a must-have tool for Android. Google incorporated all the best features in one application.
You can easily download this application from the Google Play Store.
IFTTT lets you connect you with your favorite apps, service, and devices to create new, seamless experiences.
Over 630 apps work with IFTTT including Twitter, Telegram, Google Drive, Twitch, Weather Underground, Dropbox, Slack, and devices like Google Home, Amazon Alexa, iRobot, LIFX, Philips Hue, and your Android.
Features of IFTTT; one of the best tools and utility apps in 2022-
- Control everything around you with your voice and Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
- Stay informed about what’s happening from publications like The New York Times and ProPublica
- Always stay prepared for the weather with custom daily forecast notifications
- Message roommates when you’re near the local grocery
- Get an alert as soon as there’s a new Craigslist listing that matches your search
- Stay safe with automated and intelligent home security alerts
- Streamline your social media
- Back up and share your Android photos automatically
LastPass is a password manager and password generator that locks your passwords and personal information in a secure vault. From your LastPass vault, you can store passwords and logins, create online shopping profiles, generate strong passwords, track personal information in notes, and more. All you have to do is remember your LastPass master password, and LastPass will autofill web browser and app logins for you.
Download LastPass now and get the protection you need for your online information. You can use LastPass across all your devices, including phones, tablets, and personal computers, for free.
You can easily download this application from the Google Play Store.
That was all about this article on “11 Best Tools and Utility Apps You Must Have in 2022”. If you liked this article and found it informative then comment below.
Share this article with your friends and have a great day!