Sports keep all of us sane. When we get tired of sitting at one place or even when we need a change of air, we turn to the world of Sports. While you are constrained to your house, we have made for you the list of the best Sports apps for Android so that you don’t get out of touch with your favorite sport.
When you are out and do not have immediate access to a Television, the Sports apps for Android come to your rescue. The Google Play Store now has a lot of apps that make it easier for you to remain updated about the match scores and other sports-related news. While some apps are specific sport-oriented, others ask you for your preference. Whatever your favorite sport is, we have taken on the responsibility to suggest you the best.
Some of the best sports apps for Android that you can make use of are:
- CBS Sports
Each of these apps mentioned in the list above has been talked about ahead in this article. On reading further you will find out about the types of Sports apps for Android and available and which one will work the best for you.
Best Sports Apps for Android
We have provided for you the list of the Best Sports applications available to use. From free versions to a paid one, from one sport centric to a general one, this meticulously researched article will take care of it all.
TheScore has been available for a very long time now. This app has millions of downloads and has promoted the atmosphere of Sports. It comes with a dark theme so looking at the phone screen for a long time will cause you any harm. The app is also determined to better your viewing experience by providing you with the best Sports News. Anything that is happening in the sports world, no matter what sport, TheScore will take care of it all.
- Updated news at all times.
- Dark theme
- Text alerts. The app sends a notification whenever anything new happens, but you can also customize your text alerts for a specific player.
- The app has a “Social” portal. Here you can open any match and connect with other people watching it.
- The app has a sports event calendar.
- You can view quick updates, analytics, scores, etc.
ESPN has been people’s favorite for a very long time. The channel entering the world of digital media via their app has been widely accepted and appreciated by the fans. The app saw a huge number of downloads as soon as it launched. It is very similar to watching the ESPN television channel. The app is known for its easy navigation. Most of the users have been a fan of the app since it is easy to find anything here.
- Easy to understand and navigate.
- Real-time match score.
- The updated sports related-news.
- Along with the National and International sports news, on ESPN you can find all the college and major league sports matches.
- This app is great if you just need to be updated on the sports news and scores
- You will need to purchase ESPN+ to view matches live.
- The free version of the app does not provide access to a lot of features.
3. CBS Sports
CBS Sports provides you with the best sports world experience. You can find news, updates, and every other sports information here. The most important feature of the app is that views any sport of your choice, 24*7. Just sit back and relax. This app will give you all the sports content. As soon as you open the app, you will be flooded with a lot of information. Read all you wish to and dig deeper into the topic that attracts you the most.
- The app provides all sorts of sports-related content.
- You can watch highlights on the app.
- User-friendly interface.
- CBS Sports Radio Live does a live broadcast of all the matches being played.
- Find live updates of NCAA BasketBall, PGA tour, NFL, and MMA events.
SofaScore is your one-stop destination for fun. Covering around 25 sports, Sofascore tries to ensure its users a premium sporting experience. Just like any other sports app, SofaScore also provides the latest scores and sports-related news. What makes this app different from the others and consequently to be added to the list of Best Sporting apps for Android is the integration of quizzes, live chats, and games into the app.
- The app can sync with your Android Smartphone watches. No matter what you are doing, you can access the app from your Smartwatch.
- After every five minutes of making the goal, you can stream a small video clip.
- The app has a chat option so you can connect with people having the same interests as you.
- For better engagement on the app, the developers have added certain quizzes into the app.
- The “Battle Draft” game is available for you to play on the app.
LiveScore is one of the cleanest and easiest to use Sports applications for Android. As the name suggests, this app takes care of the live scores of matches. As of now, the app only covers the sport of Basketball, Tennis, football, hockey, and Soccer. The app integration is so nice that whatever you are looking for, you can readily find it on the app. There is not a lot of work that you need to do to find the best.
- The App comes with a live-commentary provision. So you are not just watching live matches, but also hearing the commentary.
- You can add a Star to your favorite sport or match and the app will notify you about it.
- The “Explore” option on the app lets you roam around on the app.
- The app comes with a calendar so you can set reminders and also view when the next matches are happening.
- LiveScore provides great imaging. You can view the pitch and follow the ball.
Also, read Best Sports Games for Android 2021
This list of the best sports apps for Android has been tested and hence we assure you that you will not be disappointed. The app developers are constantly trying to add more features to the already existing apps so that the sports fans are not disappointed.
Feature Image Credits: Net Solutions