In the age of evolving smartphones and professional camera optics, the need for a camera that provides security at home is imperative. Buying the best security camera is like a pet for which you only have to pay once and enjoy it forever.
Gone are those days when surveillance systems used to be expensive, including complex installations and intricate operations. Modern security cameras allow the user to monitor their chosen surveillance space remotely, using touch and by giving voice commands. Because of its affordability and utility, owning one is a deal that nobody wishes to miss out on. However, the market is flooded with innumerable combinations of security cameras.
To simplify the process, I have chosen the 5 best security cameras catering to your requirement in terms of your budget, connectivity options, and average user review.
Best Indoor and Outdoor Security Cameras in 2022
A study shows that the rate of surveillance cameras per person in the U.S. is comparatively more than in China. The number goes as far as 50 million against the total population of 330 million people.
The major reasons I found in my research were the following: the houses were locked for the entire day as the tenants would spend their day in the office; to monitor their parked vehicles at night, and, surprisingly, check who’s at the door. The users were able to manage either one or all just by using their smartphones. The convenience is definitely considerable.
On the other hand, many parents use indoor surveillance to monitor their kids at home with the babysitter or the home tutor. The maids, plumbers, or any other person entering the home for work were also being watched to ensure safety and security.
Keeping in mind the needs of different users, multiple brands are coming up with some of the most innovative designs while others only sell traditional but durable devices. It all comes down to a user’s preferences before making a purchase.
To ensure the right purchase for your needs, we have created a list of the 5 best security cameras that you can buy in 2022 for both indoors and outdoors on the basis of their features, prices, and durability.
The buying links are mentioned at the end of this article to get you the bang for the buck. Also, it will keep us going with intensive research like this one to save you a few bucks.
1. Google Nest Cam Indoor – 1st Generation
Google Nest Cam Indoor camera is priced at $139.99, the device has a rating of 4.6/5 from consumers. It device can do 24/7 live streaming in full HD resolution 1080p using Wi-Fi. The Check-in can be done from any place at any given time.
- It is powered by 8 infrared LEDs to ensure clear video in the darkest conditions.
- The Nest mobile app (android, ios) sends the user a notification as the camera spots any activity.
- In order to add an extra layer of security, you may enable two-factor authentication to access the videos.
- Real-time communication can be easily done with your loved ones through the camera itself. It has a built-in speaker through which giving commands can be as easier as it is sending a voice note.
- Easy setup is possible with items included, such as flexible mounting and the free Nest app. The device can be used by placing it on a shelf mount or can be stuck on the wall or by using the magnet base. The power comes through a wall outlet, and further instructions can be accessed using Nest App.
- Installation can be done by placing the magnet base on a shelf and placing the camera on the mount. It can be easily operated through the Nest mobile app.
- It comes with a Limited Warranty of 2 years.
2. eufy Security Solo IndoorCam C24, 2K Security Indoor Camera
eufy Security Solo IndoorCam is priced at $42.99, the device has a rating of 4.6/5 from consumers. At such a competitive price, it brings a lot of surprises as its features:
- The built-in AI can detect a human subject and send the user a notification.
- The Key is in the Detail: View every event in up to 2K clarity (1080P while using HomeKit)
- The videos can be streamed in 2K resolution (Full HD 1080P while using the HomeKit) to make the user not compromise on the detail.
- The availability of a two-way audio feature enables the user to initiate a conversation with ones passing by the camera.
- The device can be accessed through Apple Homekit and voice assistants like Google Assistant, Alexa, etc.
- The night sight allows the user to keep an eye even when it becomes completely dark.
3. blurams (2K) Baby Monitor Dog Camera 360-degree for Home Security
blurams (2K) Baby Monitor Dog Camera is priced at $25.98, the device has a rating of 4.2/5 from the consumers. It is sold with loads of exciting features.
- 360 view ensures absolute motion tracking and 2K Resolution ensures super clarity streaming.
- It is enabled with the IR-CUT function, which captures clear videos and photos from the length of the day to night.
- Smart AI Detection sends Instant notifications on the mobile app (android, ios) in case a human or an abnormal sound is detected. It also records a 10-15 second alert video and automatically saves it to the cloud, which can be accessed within 24 hours (without any additional subscription).
- 24/7 Live video streaming can be accessed by giving the Google Assistant and Alexa voice commands on the mobile screen.
- Official Blurams mobile app (android, ios) or Blurams web portal allows live viewing of 4 cameras simultaneously. The streaming can be shared with innumerable family members.
- Through the availability of two-way audio, live interactions can be done anytime. Works flawlessly with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks only.
- The recordings can be saved either on the cloud or on an SD card (sold separately) of up to 128 GB.
4. Blink Mini – Compact Indoor Plug-in Smart Security Camera
Blink Mini – Compact Indoor Plug-in Smart Security Camera is priced at $34.99, the device has a rating of 4.4/5 from consumers. One of the most selling indoor cameras will bring the following features:
- 1080P full HD camera ensures crisp videos and photo monitoring 24/7 and a two-way audio channel allows the user to interact in real-time.
- Never miss an alert through AI-enabled motion tracking for human subjects directly on your mobile app (android, ios).
- The clips can be stored locally using Sync Module 2 (not included) or on the cloud with 30 days trial of the Blink Subscription.
- The device takes a few minutes to set up by plugging in the camera, connecting it to wifi, and following further instructions using the free Blink Home Monitor app on android/ios.
- The camera can be controlled using Alexa-enabled devices.
- The package Includes 1 unit of Blink Mini camera (white), 1 unit of mounting kit including the stand, power adapter, and USB cable.
5. Blink Outdoor – Wireless, Weather-Resistant HD Security Camera
Blink Outdoor – Wireless, Weather-Resistant HD Security Camera is priced at $99.99, the device has a rating of 4.4/5 from consumers. This best-selling outdoor camera has the following features:
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- Blink HD outdoor camera is powered by two AA batteries (included), that can last up to two years. It is connected through wifi to ensure 24/7 monitoring.
- The recorded video clips and photos can be stored in two different ways. Either in the cloud provided by Blink Subscription or on a local machine to the Blink Sync Module 2 using a USB flash drive (sold separately).
- The camera is made with sturdy material to ensure consistent performance in all weather conditions.
- The camera sends an alert to the mobile app (android, ios) for customized physical motions. The integration of two-way audio makes this camera fit for sending real-time voice commands to the other side of the camera and listening to them using the mobile phone’s speaker.
This concludes my suggestion of the 5 best security cameras handpicked on the basis of their budget and user reviews. Keep visiting our website to stay up to date with the wits of tech and grab bang-for-the-buck deals on the products you buy through our website.