Even in 2021, when we start looking for the fastest internet connections in rural areas, we do not see any or many options. Fiber internet and cable services are high-speed internet by all means but only accessible to metropolitans. Why is that so? The answer to this concern is primarily technical and some facts, because delivering fiber or cable internet services involves an underground network of wires from source to customers. Building the infrastructure requires a hefty amount of money and customers that are ready to purchase which is not the case usually. The demand in rural areas does not meet the cost hence the numbers are so disappointing and people living in rural areas don’t have fast-speed internet services at their disposal.
Let’s find out in this article the best rural and satellite internet providers of 2021!
- AT&T Fixed Wireless: 7% of the entire internet service of AT&T is fixed wireless. This service is not available in all parts of the United States but offers a fast internet connection. ATT users can enjoy 350 GB of data with 25 Mbps downloading speed. All this for around $60 per month – which makes it a pretty good deal. So, what are you waiting for call ATT customer service now to see if they are a good fit for you or not!
- EarthLink: It serves internet services from well-known providers such as AT&T, Century Link, and Verizon. The internet speed varies with location. The same is the case with its quality and pricing. In one area, the speed and prices will be high, and in some areas, prices might be lower.
- Frontier DSL: This internet service provides is available in over 25 states, but you might face issues in terms of its internet speed. Its key advantages include unlimited data with no data caps and no extra rental cost.
- T-Mobile: It is a new house internet service provider that was recently launched on 7th April 2021, precisely. It costs around $60 per month for an internet speed of 100 Mbps, which is quite decent. With such pricing, this ISP could rank at the top of the list of the best rural internet providers. Looks promising for now!
- Verizon LTE Installed: This is another fixed wireless ISP that uses a 4G network. Its users can enjoy an internet speed of 25 Mbps for only $40 per month. It is one of the best options in terms of pricing and speed.
If you are looking for the best rural and satellite internet providers, we hope you have found a lead. However, there is more than just finding and ISP and pricing involved when you are considering an internet connection. A few more things that you should know before you sign up with any ISP include the number of users and connected devices, consumption of the internet by all users, and your budget so you can find the best deal for all.
Will internet service in rural areas get any better?
It is technology, and we can hope for miracles with every passing minute. So we can say that yes, internet service will get better in rural areas. Maybe the introduction of the 5G network improves the internet in rural areas. In rural areas, the installation and operation costs are pretty high. For offering internet services in rural areas, ISPs will have to invest a lot of money. In addition, the population in rural areas is low, which reduces the chances of establishing a profitable internet business there.
Satellite and fixed wireless internet connections are what you can easily use in rural areas because these ISPs do not need physical connections to offer internet services. Apart from these two, you might find DSL internet in the market. DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) uses telephone lines to connect, which are available in some rural areas. Fiber optic and cable internet are not available in rural areas. The major reason is the high installation cost that ISPs are not ready to afford due to less demand. This is the reason that leading ISPs such as Cox, Spectrum, Mediacom, and more are passively expanding their footprint.