Do you also need to travel for work but not sure which public transport apps to choose? Don’t worry because I have an amazing list of the best public transport apps that you must have.
We know that technology has done wonders throughout the years. Now, all you need to do is order a cab, set your destination and go outside your home and there will be your ride. How easy traveling has become, thanks to these public transport apps.
The best public transport apps are:
- Curb – The Taxi App
- ETA – Live Traffic Alert
The above list is merely the names of the best public transport apps. Read further to know more about the features, pros, cons about these apps.
Best Public Transport Apps
These applications can be downloaded on Android smartphones as well as iOS phones. Pick the application that meets your requirements and has a wonderful ride.
Cabify covers more than 400 cities in Central, South, and North America. This app has one of the largest customer-bases who keep coming back to them for their efficient services. Cabify can be used to make bookings for a Cab to your destination.
Features of Cabify:
- The app lets you book a private car with a driver to take you to your destination.
- Cabify is known to offer high- standard facilities and well-trained drivers.
- Cabify offers different plans depending on your needs. They have individual as well as business plans.
- You can use this app to not just book a car but also find any public taxi nearby.
- All your journey preferences can be set on the app itself. You do not need to give specific instructions to the driver.
Citymapper is one of the most widely used apps. CityMappers can be used to find information about any public transport that exists. Every detail on the app is just a click away. From Bus timings to taxi arrivals, this app has it all.
- The app helps you know the timings of the bus at the nearest bus stop while simultaneously helping you find the tram timings.
- Citymapper is a one-stop app for all the transport needs in the City.
- CityMappers lets you book a mode of transport according to your needs and at the same time lets you compare their rates.
- In case you get stuck at a place, CityMapper gives you all the information about where you are and the easiest way to reach your destination.
- The app comes with offline maps to help you navigate better.
In times like today, Lyft is giving neck-to-neck competition to Uber. Unlike Uber, Lyft can be accessed on a web browser. But for your cab confirmation, you need to have a working phone around to receive texts and calls.
- Lyft lets you book not just a hunch-back but also a sedan. Any type of vehicle can be accessed by Lyft.
- The app offers minimum rates for their services.
- The app works completely online. You do not need to call a cab or taxi service.
- Lyft connects you with a driver nearest to you.
- Group cabs can also be booked.
- The app doesn’t work on Wi-fi only devices.
- Lyft only works in some parts of the US.
Moovit is a multi-usage platform. The app lets you navigate and schedule rides for yourself. The app can be used to book a book, cab, train, etc. at various platforms and across various service providers. The app is functional in over 2000 cities.
- The app is majorly divided into three categories, Stations, directions, and lines.
- You can route your trip or schedule one.
- Moovit has all the information about the train, bus, subway, and tram schedules.
- The app has a unique bike-sharing provision. This helps you at peak traffic hours when moving around in a four-wheeler becomes difficult.
- Moovit does not offer in-app bookings.
- The app does not provide any private vehicles for transportation.
Transit is in service in more than 125 cities. It is available in the US, Canada, Europe, and Australia. Transit is one of the premier apps to know about public transportation facilities. If you are unaware of the timings of Public transport, Transit helps you with that.
- The app provides real-time public transport updates.
- It offers you the timings of the bus at your nearest point.
- Transit also helps you choose the right way to your destination
- If you have Transit on your phone, all your public transport needs will be taken care of.
- In case of any change in the timings of a bus or train, Transit lets you know at the earliest.
6. Curb – The Taxi App
Curb is a Taxi App in the United States. It connects you to more than 50,000 taxis. The Curb app works in cities like Las Vegas, New York City, San Francisco, Boston, Washington, DC, Chicago, Miami, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles.
Features of Curb – The Taxi App
- You can pay from your Curb app. When you reach your destination then you no need to pay from your wallet or card.
- There are more than 100,000 experienced drivers in the Curb app with full licensing.
- In the Curb app, you can schedule your rides.
- You can free rides with Curb. You just have to share your referral code and you can earn free rides.
- You can also request a taxi for immediate pickup and then your taxi will arrive in minutes.
The Curb app has ratings of 4.8 on the App Store.
Wingz is one of the best public transport apps. It is a private car service. It provides you with the best rides with an experienced driver. You can add your favourite drivers on the list of favourites. Schedule your ride in Wingz then receive confirmation from the driver in minutes.
Features of Wingz app
- You can make your list of favourite drivers in the Wingz app.
- You can check the total price of fare before booking the car.
- You can check the fare of your ride before you book your private car.
The Wingz app has ratings of 4.9 on the App Store.
Also, read Best Shopping Apps of All Times 2021
8. ETA – Live Traffic Alert
ETA app is best for your favourite destinations. It provides you with the estimated arrival times. It will give you quick access to transit, driving, and even walking directions to your destination. It is a kind of personal assistant that provides you with the information related to your favourite destination.
Features of ETA App
- You just tell your address to the app then after that, it will give you the full information about the destination including how much it will take to reach your location.
- You can see the map of your address.
- If you tap the arrow button in the app then it will bring you the transit directions.
- It is very simple to use. It will assist you at every step.
- It includes navigation apps like Google Maps, Transit, Waze, Citymaper and Apple Maps.
The ETA app has ratings of 5.0 on the App Store.
Feature Image Credits: Bayut