Looking for some mobile banking apps? Welcome, because I have a tried and tested list of the best mobile banking apps.
Mobile Banking Apps have come a long way. There was a time when we had to go to banks to deposit and transfer money. Thanks to the technology that we can now just sit at our homes and do all the banking stuff. These applications has made banking so easy and handy.
The list of the best mobile banking apps include:
- Ally Bank
- Capital One
- Huntington Bank
- Credit One Bank
- AXIS Bank
- Bank of America
- Wells Fargo
This list has one of best apps that you must have, if you are looking for banking apps. Read further to know more about the features, pros and cons of these applications.
Best Mobile Banking Apps
1. Ally Bank
Ally Bank’s mobile banking app has a huge online presence. They provide high-interest rates and give you access to more than 43,000 ATMs in the US. The app lets you keep a track of all your accounts with a tap. From savings accounts to the Certificate of Deposit (CD), you can take care of everything here.
- Ally offers a clean and user-friendly app interface.
- The app has a provision that lets you find your nearest Ally Bank ATM.
- The app offers the latest financial market news to its users.
- You can do Mobile Check deposits from the Ally app.
- Ally lets you transfer money anywhere. The beneficiary does not necessarily need to have an Ally account.
- You can search your transactions on the app.
- The app can be used to trade stocks and track the performance of your investments.
- Despite a large ATM access, it is not possible to deposit cash into the Ally account.
2. Capital One
This is one of the highest-rated apps on the Apple App Store. Capital one comes in the Top Mobile Banking apps for IOS due to its impeccable customer service. While a lot of apps are trying to offer maximum services, Capital One is moving forward with its premium Customer Service.
- Capital One offers a high-interest savings account, so you get maximum benefits.
- The app lets you personalize your profile by adding a profile picture and name.
- The app sends a notification when any card transaction is made. You can find all the details of the transaction on the app.
- You can report any banking fraud to the customer complaint executives by making use of the Capital One app.
- You can view all your accounts here, including your loans.
- Apple watches can also be used to use the app.
- In case you lose your card, it can be blocked by a single click.
3. Huntington Bank
It is that one banking platform that takes care of everything. This Midwest-based bank offers the best of everything in one place.
- The app lets you use push notifications so anytime a transaction is made, you are informed of it immediately.
- In the case of an overdraft, you have a time frame of 24 hours to deposit the money back before a fee is deducted.
- The app comes with easy navigation and easy understanding.
- You don’t have to log in to view your account balance.
- The app offers a range of services and makes it available in a way that is easy to understand.
- While the online presence of the bank is good, you can have an ATM access problem with Huntington Bank.
Simple has been called one of the top mobile banking apps for iOS for its money management facilities. Apart from the generic banking features, the app helps you manage your finances.
- With Simple on your phone, you don’t need any budgeting apps.
- You get access to your entire bank balance, but you can set a limit to how much money you want to spend.
- Simple works in a way that is similar to Envelope budgeting. On the app, you can categorize your expenditure and designate a certain spending limit to it.
- After the spending limit is set, you can get a real-time image of how much money will be left in your account.
- The money you save for goals has a very low-interest rate.
- It does not have good customer support.
5. Credit One Bank
By creating a personal profile, Credit One Bank mobile app lets you take care of your credit card dealings. The app lets you keep a track of your spendings and reminds you to repay them at the earliest.
- The app lets you schedule and cancels transactions as per your need.
- The app has a Quick view that lets you inside your balance without logging in.
- Credit One Bank mobile app can be used to postpone your credit card payments.
- The app facilitates a lot of cashback and offers.
- Multiple accounts can be managed from a single app.
- The app has a chat feature that provides fast customer service.
- The app has a high annual fee.
- Even if you have a good credit score, you might have to pay high interest.
6. AXIS Bank
The Axis Bank mobile application for Android devices helps you manage your Axis Bank account without physically going to the bank.
- The whole bank portfolio can be accessed on the app.
- The app works very well with the Unified Payment Interface (UPI)
- Axis Bank app lets you apply for a loan, do a money transfer, pay bills, etc all from the same place.
- The app has a lot of offers so you can get cash back with your bank transactions.
- It lets you turn your Credit Card payments into EMIs
- The app lets you schedule or auto-pay your bills.
- If you do not have an Axis Bank account, the app is not of much use to you.
- Due to a huge customer base, the app may lag in updating your existing account balance.
7. Bank of America
The Bank of America application is useful to all US residents. The app can be used to link any US-based bank account and do transactions with it.
- The app provides high security by using fingerprint sensors.
- The Bank of America app connects your bank accounts in one place and lets you do everything that you need to do.
- The app informs you about any fraudulent activity so that you are secure at all times.
- The Bank of America app has an in-built assistant called Erica.
- With this, you can do mobile deposits using photos.
- You need to keep a close eye on your minimum account balance because you will be required to pay the monthly maintenance fee.
- The app user-interface is not top-notch.
As interesting as the name sounds, the app lives up to it. Chime is next on our list of the Top Banking apps for Android. The app lets you connect to your Google Pay account with itself and transact from it.
- In the case of bank theft, a complaint can be registered from the app itself.
- Chime has one of the best user-interfaces on their application.
- The account balance update is sent daily.
- Chime gives the latest updates on your transactions.
- No hidden charges
- The app comes with a ‘Pay Friends’ feature so you can pay your friends directly from the app.
- Chime does not have any branch so in-person customer service should not be expected.
- The ‘Pay Friends’ feature on the app is only functional if the sender and receiver both have a Chime account.
Also, read Hiring for Banking, Financial Services Jobs
9. Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is one application that can be used for a multitude of functions. The app has two inbuild languages: English and French for maximum customer satisfaction. From making investments, to transfer to paying bills, this app takes care of it all.
- Wells Fargo has ample off-screen presence so this is one of the prime choices for the customers.
- You can make investments on the app and track it.
- Wells Fargo has the option of taking the help of financial advisors.
- Fast payment of bills with a quick reminder.
- Face Id or Touch Id verification can be set-up on the app.
- Text banking is also available on the app.
- The app takes a lot of time to load.
- The pop-up notification is not restricted to the app. In the middle of some other work, the app notification comes in between.
- They offer less rates on savings accounts.
The Discover app just like any other financial banking all the basic transfer and payments provision. It lets you make payments to multiple banks as and when necessary. The app also gives you a real-time account balance along with the last few transaction records.
- The app has a lot of brands integrated with them, so you can shop right from the app.
- Discover is always laden with Cashbacks and offers.
- No monthly maintenance fee.
- If saving money by cashback and using offers for your purchases attracts you, Discover is the right app for you.
- The app can be secured using a four-number passcode.
- Discover lets you Freeze or Unfreeze your account with one click.
- Credit Card rewards can be redeemed on the app.
- Discover debit cards are not widely accepted.
Feature Image Credits: Forbes