Maps and navigation apps have been there for a long time now. If you are looking for a navigation app that always gives you accurate updates, you are at the right place. Our list of the best maps and navigation apps for iOS will help you choose right.
The navigation apps help you stay updated on the road and help you not get lost anywhere. They have revolutionized the way you travel and move around. With multiple advanced features, they have made our lives easier.
Some of the Best Maps and Navigation Apps for iOS are:
- Sygic GPS
- CoPilot GPS
This list has been carefully made for your further assistance. The best has been offered to you. The features and how they are different have been discussed in detail. Roads will no longer be confusing.
Best Maps and Navigation Apps for iOS
The iOS devices have been made replete with wondrous navigation apps. We have only created this article to make your search easier.
1. Sygic GPS
Sygic is one of the best and most popular navigation apps. It has been one of the world’s most downloaded offline mobile applications, trusted by more than 200 million drivers. The maps on the app are frequently updated so you always have the proper information at all times. Offline 3D maps are available on this navigation app to help you even in times when there is no internet connection. There are also speed limits that keep you in check and help you remain on the right track.
- The app has updated maps for a correct navigation.
- Voice commands help you in hands-free driving.
- There are multiple interesting places to explore.
- Find special pedestrian ways and walking directions.
- Tourist attractions can be spotted on the map for you to explore new places.
- Offline maps are available for quick usage.
- Get accurate real-time traffic to avoid rush hours.
- Cockpit features show the real performance of your vehicle.
2. CoPilot GPS
CoPilot is free to download navigation app that is used by more than 16 million users worldwide. It provides its users the ability to download maps to get offline access. This driver-friendly app provides clear driving instructions so you can enjoy uninterrupted driving. There is nothing difficult to understand on the app and is very well organized. The fact that it has uncluttered maps makes it more user-safe. There are also multiple stops that you can make on the way and then mark them.
- The app tells you which lanes to follow to get quick lane changes.
- There are easy-to-read instructions.
- Maximum customization for the ones who wish to travel their way.
- Choose the type of road you wish to take and the kinds you wish to avoid.
- Enlarged icons help me quick view.
- Subscribe to the app to get advanced features.
This app is not as compatible as the others on their list, however, it does cater directly to the audience of people who rely on offline maps. While it is accurate, the number of maps that you can download is limited so you will have to buy them using certain in-app purchases. You can make use of turn-by-turn navigation, do offline searches and always stay one step ahead while en route. It helps you travel to weird places and keeps you aware of any sharp turns, slopes, or contour lines.
- Get access to worldwide maps online.
- Use voice commands that are synchronized and recorded.
- The app automatically switches day and night mode.
- Different routes for cycling.
- You can upload or create your own GPX track.
- The OSM transport facility can be used.
- Find walking and hiking routes.
- This app can also be used to find navigation on any public transport.
Polaris is an all-in-one navigation app. It has been widely loved and downloaded for all the multiple features it sports. It has multiple sources so you can channel whichever source you wish to. You do not require a subscription or set up an account to use it. Figure out everything on the road with the help of the Polaris GPS navigator. Your device becomes your tracker and your iOS device is all you will need. Mostly used by hikers, Polaris is your go-to for any adventure that you want to embark on.
- It provides the best hiking routes.
- The trail recorder helps you record your way.
- Explore different waterways and different unique locations.
- You can find ways to do backpacking through various places.
- Get yourself routes best for camping.
- Marine navigation is available for free on the app.
- This app is very flexible, reliable, and stable to use.
- There isn’t any limit to the number of maps that you can download.
Scout is a renewed app. In this world of social networking, it is the first social navigation app to exist. While you are on the road you can connect with your friends, meet them up at places and find your way back home. Apart from being a generic navigation app, it also helps you plan meets-ups and turn-by-turn GPS voice commands navigation. The socializing aspect of this app is location-based and can be used by all. Though this app is available for free, the full version can be unlocked by purchasing it.
Also, check out Best Maps and Navigation Apps for Android 2021
- Find what restaurants are the most popular.
- You can share your location with one or multiple friends right from the app.
- Get notification and alerts in case of delay.
- Save your office address and in case of traffic, the app will tell you to leave earlier.
- Real-time traffic updates are available.
- Scouts help you see the real-time location of your friends.
- Get an estimated idea of where your friends are and how far they are from the destination.
- Make all meeting plans over the app.
Even when traveling, we have tried to make it fun for you. While all of these navigation apps will take care of the route you’ve taken, others help you with extended features. Use a navigation app that ensures hands-free usage so that your driving is not interrupted time and again just to check where you have reached. We are all ears for your feedback so let us know in the comments what you feel about these GPS and navigation apps.
Feature Image Credits: CNET