Traveling around and not being familiar with the road? All you need is a super useful map and navigation apps. Gladly, in this article, you will find the best apps for navigation.
We might not consider maps apps very useful. But who wants to get stuck in between of their journey? Not me! However, all these apps are best in their work and are super easy to use. Make you journey smooth with these apps.
The list of the Top Maps and Navigation Apps include:
- BackCountry Navigator
- HERE WeGo Maps
- Map Factor
- Sygic GPS
- CoPilot GPS
All these applications will come in handy in your journey. You can easily download these apps from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store. Also, these apps are compatible with Android devices and iOS devices.
Best Maps and Navigation Apps 2021
Read along with the list to find out the best apps among all. Pick and choose the best app that meets your requirements.
Waze is one of the best navigation apps available for Android users. It comes with great graphics and is easy to use and understand. It comes with live traffic tracking so you can always know how long you are to reach your destination. Get a time estimate and along with that, you can note any time change that may happen while you are on the way. Find out about construction happening on the road, crashes, police, and traffic to remain more vigilant and plan your trip accordingly.
- Find routes with bad traffic, to avoid it.
- Know about construction and other barriers that you might encounter on the way.
- Get live traffic data on this app.
- Play your favorite music, podcast, etc. right from Waze.
- Use Waze carpool to save money and travel in a carpool situation.
- There are a variety of voice options to choose from.
- Find the nearest gas station to get quick assistance.
2. BackCountry Navigator
The BackCountry Navigator GPS app is one of the best apps that can help you remain on track especially on the roads you’ve never been to. It has been mostly used by hikers all over the world to stay put. It shows you the way even when you don’t have an internet connection. With offline outdoor navigation, this app is the best that the navigation app world has to offer. It uses your device storage memory to save maps so you might want to be on the lookout for some device storage on your android device.
- It is of its kind offline navigation apps.
- You can use android wear support to get the navigation on the wrists.
- Cell coverage is not necessary to use the app.
- The content available online is accurate and correct.
- Purchasing multiple addons to get advanced features.
- Use Topo maps that can be accessed without a cellular network.
- Add certain spots as favorite spots and markers on the map.
3. HERE WeGo Maps
This is one of the apps that are capable of being better than the best apps available. It makes it very easy for you to navigate within the city. The model of the vehicle does not depend on when using the app. If you are stuck in a lonely place, looking for traffic, this app can be of great help to you. Navigate on the app or book a cab to find your way back home. It gives you multiple options to choose from so you never have to worry about being lost anywhere.
- Multiple options are available to choose from.
- Take a cab, bike, or any public transport to reach your destination.
- Find out about the price of the vehicle you wish to take before you move out of your house.
- Compare various recommendations to choose what is best for you.
- Voice guidance helps you with hands-free navigation.
- Download maps on your device for when you are not connected to the internet.
4. Map Factor
It is the most basic navigation app available on the play store. It is one of the best offline navigation apps with more than 30 million installs. Widely used for its being free and offline, it is used by many. This app uses an open street map to provide you with the basic navigation and map tool. By providing multiple unique features, Map factor offers services in more than 200 countries with a quick speech navigation facility.
- Voice navigation is available in multiple languages.
- This app provides customized speed limits that warn you.
- You can mark your favorite places and routes.
- Make use of day and night modes according to your needs.
- Different routes are available for bikes, cars, pedestrians, etc.
- Camera warnings help you stay out of trouble.
- Block out certain routes that are full of traffic.
It is a GPS navigation app for android devices that you can use at any time. It features everything that you might be looking for in a good navigation app used by more than 140 million people. With turn-by-turn directions, it also gives offline maps so that you never get lost. Even when you don’t have the internet, you can find your way back. It has no in-app purchases and so is available free of cost, though it does contain ads that might come in the way. You can find hiking trails alongside many other places that might be missing on the other GPS, navigation apps online.
- Use a car, bike, or cycle navigation route.
- Travel guides help you explore unique, different places.
- This guide can be used to find things to do locally and out traveling.
- GPS navigation helps you save space.
- Save locations for quick access.
- Share locations from the app with your friends.
6. Sygic GPS
Sygic is one of the best and most popular navigation apps. It has been one of the world’s most downloaded offline mobile applications, trusted by more than 200 million drivers. The maps on the app are frequently updated so you always have the proper information at all times. Offline 3D maps are available on this navigation app to help you even in times when there is no internet connection. There are also speed limits that keep you in check and help you remain on the right track.
- The app has updated maps for a correct navigation.
- Voice commands help you in hands-free driving.
- There are multiple interesting places to explore.
- Find special pedestrian ways and walking directions.
- Tourist attractions can be spotted on the map for you to explore new places.
- Offline maps are available for quick usage.
- Get accurate real-time traffic to avoid rush hours.
- Cockpit features show the real performance of your vehicle.
7. CoPilot GPS
CoPilot is free to download navigation app that is used by more than 16 million users worldwide. It provides its users the ability to download maps to get offline access. This driver-friendly app provides clear driving instructions so you can enjoy uninterrupted driving. There is nothing difficult to understand on the app and is very well organized. The fact that it has uncluttered maps makes it more user-safe. There are also multiple stops that you can make on the way and then mark them.
- The app tells you which lanes to follow to get quick lane changes.
- There are easy-to-read instructions.
- Maximum customization for the ones who wish to travel their way.
- Choose the type of road you wish to take and the kinds you wish to avoid.
- Enlarged icons help me quick view.
- Subscribe to the app to get advanced features.
This app is not as compatible as the others on their list, however, it does cater directly to the audience of people who rely on offline maps. While it is accurate, the number of maps that you can download is limited so you will have to buy them using certain in-app purchases. You can make use of turn-by-turn navigation, do offline searches and always stay one step ahead while en route. It helps you travel to weird places and keeps you aware of any sharp turns, slopes, or contour lines.
- Get access to worldwide maps online.
- Use voice commands that are synchronized and recorded.
- The app automatically switches day and night mode.
- Different routes for cycling.
- You can upload or create your own GPX track.
- The OSM transport facility can be used.
- Find walking and hiking routes.
- This app can also be used to find navigation on any public transport.
Polaris is an all-in-one navigation app. It has been widely loved and downloaded for all the multiple features it sports. It has multiple sources so you can channel whichever source you wish to. You do not require a subscription or set up an account to use it. Figure out everything on the road with the help of the Polaris GPS navigator. Your device becomes your tracker and your iOS device is all you will need. Mostly used by hikers, Polaris is your go-to for any adventure that you want to embark on.
- It provides the best hiking routes.
- The trail recorder helps you record your way.
- Explore different waterways and different unique locations.
- You can find ways to do backpacking through various places.
- Get yourself routes best for camping.
- Marine navigation is available for free on the app.
- This app is very flexible, reliable, and stable to use.
- There isn’t any limit to the number of maps that you can download.
Scout is a renewed app. In this world of social networking, it is the first social navigation app to exist. While you are on the road you can connect with your friends, meet them up at places and find your way back home. Apart from being a generic navigation app, it also helps you plan meets-ups and turn-by-turn GPS voice commands navigation. The socializing aspect of this app is location-based and can be used by all. Though this app is available for free, the full version can be unlocked by purchasing it.
- Find what restaurants are the most popular.
- You can share your location with one or multiple friends right from the app.
- Get notification and alerts in case of delay.
- Save your office address and in case of traffic, the app will tell you to leave earlier.
- Real-time traffic updates are available.
- Scouts help you see the real-time location of your friends.
- Get an estimated idea of where your friends are and how far they are from the destination.
- Make all meeting plans over the app.
Although all these applications are amazing in their features, I found Waze best among all. I would still recommend you try all of them before choosing the best. Make sure to tell us to know, in the comment section, which navigation app you liked the most. Stay connected for more content like this.
Have a great day!
Feature Image Credits: Android Authority