Do you love art and want to be an artist? Are you in search of the art and designing apps? If yes, then this post is just the answer to your search. We have got the Best iOS Art and Designing Apps 2021 for you.
App Store has got several apps for an artist to design and create beautiful artwork. But not all apps are great to use. Especially when you are just beginning the art journey. The reason can be the problematic interface that is hard to crack or less professional tool. Then which app you should choose?
According to the user’s review and the internet saying, the Best iOS Art and Designing Apps 2021 are Procreate pocket, Concepts, Autodesk Sketchbook, Canva, and Pigment But you must be wondering what makes them the best?
What features they have? Why choose these? You will get to know about all these through this post. Below is the guide for the features, pros, cons, size, and a lot more.
Best iOS Art and Designing Apps 2021
Being a digital artist has never been so easy. Thanks to the developers who are working hard to deliver the best possible versions of the apps that help you in your career growth. Read along the post to know if these apps need to be on the list or not. The top iOS Art and Designing Apps 2021 along with the essential details are:
Why Procreate pocket is one of the Best iOS Art and Designing Apps 2021?
Procreate pocket is an exclusive iOS app that allows you to SKETCH, PAINT, and CREATE.
It is a creative app that inspires aspiring artists to create professional artworks. It has got hundreds of brushes that are handmade. Also, the tools are quite innovative and the filters are they are just next to amazing. Its advanced layer system and the lightning-fast Valkyrie graphics engine let you create sketches that speak for you.
No matter where you are, just open the app and start creating beautiful art pieces that give you a soothing feel. Use HD canvases and convert your imagination into reality. Well, the special thing about this app is that it has a unique quick shape feature. It lets you draw perfect shapes quickly without taking much time in correcting the outline.
Don’t worry if you got the wrong stroke. You can undo and redo up to 250 levels. Well, that’s huge. Isn’t it? And no need to save it again and again. It has got the auto-save mode that will work 24*7 so that you will never lose your precious artwork.
This is not less than a complete art studio with stunning 64-bit colors.
- SKETCH, PAINT, and CREATE.
- It has got ultra HD canvases that bring on the creative mode in you.
- You can from hundreds of brushes and creative tools.
- You can enjoy the perfect shapes with its incredible idea have a quick shape feature.
- It has got more than 64-bit colors and several handcrafted brushes.
- It has got a full-fledged layering system with over 25 layer blend modes.
- Even if you ruin your artwork, don’t stress, you can redo or undo that up to 250 levels.
- Customization of the tools is also allowed.
- Also, you can do animation with its Animation Assist that is best for simple as well as creative effects.
- Great for a beginner.
- Has unique features like quick shape.
- high range of tools to try.
- Layers with 25+ modes
- Auto-save feature
- Animation Assist
App Store rating: 4.5*
Size: Varies with devices.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Price: It is a paid app and costs $9.99. This also has in-app purchases.
Why Concepts is one of the Best iOS Art and Designing Apps 2021?
It is more than merely a designing app.
This is the all-in-one app that lets you sketch on the blank canvas, write notes for the essential things in studies, doodles, build mind maps, draw storyboards, product sketches, and design plans. Each stroke is editable with Concepts.
Get to use pens, pencils, watercolors, oil, acrylic, and many more tools. This app is even used by professionals in making animations and sketches. These include the big names like Disney, Playstation, Philips, HP, Apple, Google, Unity, and Illumination Entertainment.
- It has got uncountable canvas/ sketchbooks/ Whiteboards to draw.
- You can choose from several realistic tools to give that ‘X’ factor to your creative idea.
- You can customize your gestures, tools, gallery, or almost everything in your way.
- There is no need to think about the layering, you can do it as much as you want.
- It has got essential elements like shape guides, scale, and measurement tools.
- The color wheel has it all.
- It has got editable vector-based sketching – moves organizes, edits by a tool, color, size, scale, smoothing, opacity; transform or nudge lines to shape them anytime.
- Drag+drop images + PDF files right onto the canvas.
- Great for Students
- Customizable features
- Unlimited layering
- Unseen realistic touch
App Store rating: 4.7*
Size: 160.5 MB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Price: It is a free app and has in-app purchases. It can cost $3.99 to $29.99 per service.
Why Autodesk Sketchbook is one of the Best iOS Art and Designing Apps 2021?
Autodesk SketchBook is another tool that lets you Draw, Paint, & sketch anything anywhere.
Autodesk Sketchbook compels you to bring your idea to reality. Whenever you are hinged by an idea, just open the app and draw. Enjoy access to the fast and powerful creative sketching tools and the most interesting news is that it is free!!!
If you use Autodesk SketchBook, you will be able to draw with the infinitely constrained tool. Moreover, it is highly customizable. With this, you can get the Curve ruler. What is it? Its curve ruler lets you draw a curve easily that is somewhat difficult to master in the initial stages of sketching.
Also, you will love its prospective glide to get things done.
- DRAW, PAINT, and SKETCH.
- You can create extra-ordinary sketches or beautiful artwork with less time on learning as to how the app works.
- Art Tools are the priority.
- You will get access to the Customize, Infinite, and Constrained Grid tools.
- It has got a vanishing point lock and horizon line visibility.
- You can use several amazing features like the Curve ruler for better symmetry.
- It has got perspective guides, with 1, 2, and 3 point perspective guides.
- Customizable tools to try hands-on.
- Incredible unique features.
- Completely free to use.
- For the new iPad, it supports a Scan sketch.
App Store rating: 4.8*
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Price: It is a free app.
Why Canva is one of the Best iOS Art and Designing Apps 2021?
What if creating mind-blowing graphics, infographics, logos, and editing images become a 2 or 3 step work?
Canva is a one-stop solution for every graphics-related work that makes them look easy.
It has pre-made thousands of ready-to-use templates in-built. Canva is an extremely useful, complete platform that has a highly organized handling section. This makes it easier for a new person. The different templates are designed according to the size of the images.
Either an Instagram story or a post, you can be a pro in anyone.
- Several templates for a Logo designer, book cover, invites, Instagram Story, flyers, quotes, brochure, resume, presentation, posters, Facebook cover, Instagram post.
- Over 1 million Simple free images for editing.
- Options of picture frames, shapes, photos, charts, text, background, and uploads are present.
- Photo collage maker.
- Free Instagram short video and movie maker editor; edit video templates.
- 100’s of fonts.
- Drag and drop image feature.
- Tutorials and courses for professionals.
- Easy to use.
- Lots of predefined
Where it lacks?
- Too many ads in the free version.
Google Play Store rating: 4.7*
Price: It is a free app. but offers in-app purchases. It can cost $1.49 – $119.99 per item.
Why Pigment is one of the Best iOS Art and Designing Apps 2021?
Now get into the art hobby with the ultimate Pigment – Adult coloring book. This app turns your art into reality.
It is a realistic coloring and drawing app. You can learn and use your creativity to draw, sketch, paint, design, and color with different pigments. Its library has a lot of special tools like brushes, markers, and pencils.
There are a lot of artists drawn creative pages to inspire and guide you. You have the liberty to choose from a lot of themes and coloring books like comics, dailies, etc. Even this app has your favorite Disney characters to color.
You can be a professional in minutes by your phone screen. This app has the features to redo, undo, erase the artwork. You can save your work in your personalized library. Also, it has a 360-degree rotation option to rotate and twist your epic artwork.
- Has over 6,000+ color pages.
- 29+ styling tools like brushes.
- You can import your pictures from the phone’s gallery.
- Has tap to fill.
- Adjust the pressure, direction, and size of the stroke.
- Fully supports finger, Apple Pencil, and third-party stylus inputs.
- Undo, redo, and erase.
- You can enjoy your drawing from every angle with its 360 screens rotate.
- Easy to use.
- Has a lot of interesting tools
- 360 degree rotate.
- Realistic experience.
Google Play Store rating: 4.7*
Compatibility: Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Price: It is a free app. but offers in-app purchases. It can cost $1.99 – $39.99 per item.
So these are the top iOS Art and Designing Apps 2021 and are available on the App Store. All will add a little more creativity to your art just like the cherry on the cake.
If you are someone who wants an app that is best for a start in this field, then Pigment and Procreate pocket are the best app for you. But if you intend to have an extra touch to your notes and artwork as well, then Concepts will work wonders for you.
And lastly, for making other stuff like flyers, banners, thumbnails, logos, and similar stuff, Canva is the ultimate app for you.
So artists, Give a try at all these apps and go with the one that suits your needs the best.
Featured image Credits: Zoho