No matter where we are, board games never go out of style. From a family night to a friend’s night, board games have been a part of our lives. However, you can’t roam about with your set of board games. In such a place, digital board games come to the rescue. We have made for you a list of the Best Digital Board game apps for iOS.
With an ever-increasing demand for board games, the app store gets new board games digitized every week leaving the users ample choice. No matter what board game you like, you are most likely to find it online. It is important to also keep in view some board games that are not very famous but are must like by the users online.
Some of the best digital Board game apps available for iOS devices are :
- Hiarcs Chess
- Elder Sign: Omens
- Forbidden Island
- Blizzard Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Our list of digital board games is sure to keep you entertained at any place that you are. Our list of apps are up-to-date and only consists of the apps that are readily available on the app store, Paid or unpaid.
Best Digital Board Game Apps for iOS
The digital board game apps have a long list. From traditional games to modern ones, these apps cater to all your needs and requirements. We have very carefully picked the apps that won’t disappoint you.
1. Hiarcs Chess
Chess has been loved as a very good board game. The integration of chess with technology has been a very useful app for all the board game loves. Hiarcs Chess has already been well-loved as a web game, but its recent addition as an application has attracted a large number of users to it. The app comes with many updates and lets the players learn everything that there is to learn in the game of Chess.
- Very good app for beginners.
- Learn the basics of the app along with playing it.
- You can learn various tricks on the app, including many openings.
- Take part in tournaments on the app.
- The app offers human-like aspects that make it all the more fun to use the app.
- The game can be played with international players available on the app.
Carcassonne is one of those iOS apps that are highly attractive. The app can be played on any iOS device including the older iPhone versions. No matter what size of the device you have, Carcassonne takes care of it all. The app offers brisk play, unique design, and strategic playing. The unique design of the app makes sure that whatever tools are not necessary during the play, remain hidden. Also, the tools required are kept in plain sight for easy usage.
- The game requires you to place tiles on a wooden board.
- It looks like the tiles belong in the game. It is not an absurd looking tile.
- Great design with amazing user-interface.
- Easy to understand the game with quick tutorials.
- The graphics of the game is a major highlight for the players.
- You can make use of online multiplayer features.
3. Elder Sign: Omens
Elder Sign: Omens is set in a gloomy dark world. If you like the apps that keep you spooked, this is the right app for you. In the app, up to three people can get together and play as four investigators in the setting of the museum working to stop an ancient menace from getting out in the open. The team works together to figure out the best way to complete the mission. Unlike the other games, if you get killed in the way, you can still proactively take part in the game by giving suggestions to the other players in the team to win.
- The game is very interesting to play.
- When you fail a challenge, the enemy gets more points.
- You have to collect several Elder Sign tokens to go on in the game.
- All along the way you are given various challenges that you have to cover.
- The app contains various elements that never makes the game boring.
4. Forbidden Island
Forbidden Island application is a literal adaptation of the board game. The app is only available for iPad and not for iPhone or iPod Touch. A lot of users have complained of the app not making full use of the iPad screen and features. It is defined in such a way that four people can swiftly sit together and play the game without any hindrances. Forbidden Island comes with multiple tile arrangements. Initially, the app is free but you eventually will have to make in-app purchases to move forward in the game and unlock more features.
- The game has an undo button. If you are unsure of a move, you can make multiple stops, and then undo them until you are sure of the move you are about to make.
- The app offers a tactical view so it is easier for you to strategize.
- Forbidden Island is a great board game app that assures proper recreation.
- You can only play the game offline, with offline friends.
- It does not have a solitaire mode of playing.
5. Blizzard Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Blizzard Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is a cross-platform application. If the normal games bore you and you are done with them, this is a great game for you. It is also referred to as a highly addictive game that keeps the users hooked. The app has great designs, exquisite gameplay, and is set in a warcraft universe.
- The app offers a long detailed tutorial.
- Highly addictive.
- The goal of the game is to defeat the opponent by finishing their supply of 30 life points.
- The cards in the app are 3D in visualization.
- Blizzard Hearthstone app is available free of cost.
- There are a lot of game modes so it never gets boring.
You can choose any digital board game from the list provided and make proper use of it. Tabletop gaming has taken the center-stage and provides the best gaming experience to all the players on the app.
Feature Image Credits: GamesAnalytics