Multiplayer digital board games are so fun to play with your friends and family. After trying so many different board games, I have a list of the top digital board games. Look out for some amazing free digital board games.
The list of the Best Digital Board Games includes:
- Scrabble GO
- Race for the Galaxy
- Hiarcs Chess
- Elder Sign: Omens
- Forbidden Island
- Blizzard Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- Card Thief
- Castles of Mad King Ludwig
- Miracle Merchant
- AI Factory Limited Games
- Ticket to Ride
Read further to know more about these digital board games. We have curated the list of the top digital board games with its amazing feature and some important things that you must know.
15 Best Digital Board Games 2021
These games are super easy to play and very engaging. You can play these digital board games on your Android devices as well as iPhone or iPad. Read along and pick the game that intrigues your problem-solving skills.
1. Scrabble GO
Scrabble has been one of the most widely played digital board games all over the world. People have connected and bonded over the game. Almost every family has had a scrabble night. Living up to the tradition, Scrabble is now available for you to download and play. The Scrabble Go app has recently been released, in early 2020 and is more colorful and fun than the basic scrabble that you might’ve played.
- The app is colorful and vibrant.
- It is more challenging due to the integration of timers, prizes, and certain in-app currency.
- It can be played in levels. Once you clear one level, you move forward.
- It always has a lot of challenges happening.
- You have to scrabble the letter tiles and form meaningful words.
- This game can be played multiplayer.
Armello is PC gaming’s most important board game. It is a digitized board game that is strategic. It is a strategy and RPG concept combined digital-only board game that will keep you entertained. The players in the game take on a character that has a special ability. The ultimate goal of the game is for a player to take on the throne of Armello. This game is easy to understand and play. The tutorial of the game is story-driven so it makes it all the more interesting to play the game and win it.
- The game is easy to understand and play but it takes a lot of practice to master it.
- It is unpredictable. There are multiple challenges at every part of the way.
- It is a fast-driven gaming app.
- Use different strategies to win in the game.
- You can make some in-app purchases to unlock extended features and more specialization.
- The soundtrack of the app has also garnered some fans.
- The animated in-game cards are also beautiful to look at that further enhances the gaming experience.
Tabletopia is your one place destination for playing all-digital board games online on a PC. You can find more than 1500 board games at your disposal. Some of the most common board games that you can find here are, Chess, Go, Backgammon, Tapestry, Wingspan, Lawyer Up, etc. These games can be played solo, local multiplayer, or you can even connect to anyone online and continue playing the game.
- Lots of options to choose from.
- Schedule games to play later as per your convenience.
- Multi-player gaming is available here.
- It has an amalgamation of classic and modern board games.
- If you are the host, you might be required to buy the game before you start playing.
- The subscription plans can be canceled anytime.
This digital board game lets 7 people play at the same time. It is not a long time, but with a number as large as 7, it can take 2-3 hours for the game to finish. The plates in the game connect through a map that makes the game interesting. The end goal of the game is for a player to have the most amount of in-app game coins. The one having the maximum coins at the end of the game is declared the winner. These coins can be won by indulging in various activities throughout the game.
- It is an action-selection game.
- It is a well organized, strategic, synchronized game.
- The app can be played between people sitting next to each other or online with strangers or friends.
- It functions in pretty much the same way as a table-top.
- The digital form of the game makes it easier for the player to keep a track of their progress.
- Your actions from the beginning define the experiences and encounters you will get throughout the game.
5. Race for the Galaxy
Race for the galaxy is a sci-fiction based app that is very interesting for players to play. The setting of the galaxy is different and very well used by the game developers. It might take you some time to develop a liking for the game. It is a little complex to get in the first go, but after a certain point of time, you will be so in want of the game, that you wouldn’t want to stop playing it. It is a challenging, yet fun game to play. The fans of the board game say that the digitized version of the game is much like the table-top.
- The app has a unique setting.
- You do not have to make a lot of changes after the game has started. At the onset, you are provided a set of cards that remains constant throughout the game.
- The game has easy, medium, and hard AI opponents so you can choose who to go against according to your experience.
- You can use the cloud- feature of the app to sync various devices.
- The game can be played online or with people around you.
6. Hiarcs Chess
Chess has been loved as a very good board game. The integration of chess with technology has been a very useful app for all the board game loves. Hiarcs Chess has already been well-loved as a web game, but its recent addition as an application has attracted a large number of users to it. The app comes with many updates and lets the players learn everything that there is to learn in the game of Chess.
- Very good app for beginners.
- Learn the basics of the app along with playing it.
- You can learn various tricks on the app, including many openings.
- Take part in tournaments on the app.
- The app offers human-like aspects that make it all the more fun to use the app.
- The game can be played with international players available on the app.
Carcassonne is one of those iOS apps that are highly attractive. The app can be played on any iOS device including the older iPhone versions. No matter what size of the device you have, Carcassonne takes care of it all. The app offers brisk play, unique design, and strategic playing. The unique design of the app makes sure that whatever tools are not necessary during the play, remain hidden. Also, the tools required are kept in plain sight for easy usage.
- The game requires you to place tiles on a wooden board.
- It looks like the tiles belong in the game. It is not an absurd looking tile.
- Great design with amazing user-interface.
- Easy to understand the game with quick tutorials.
- The graphics of the game is a major highlight for the players.
- You can make use of online multiplayer features.
8. Elder Sign: Omens
Elder Sign: Omens is set in a gloomy dark world. If you like the apps that keep you spooked, this is the right app for you. In the app, up to three people can get together and play as four investigators in the setting of the museum working to stop an ancient menace from getting out in the open. The team works together to figure out the best way to complete the mission. Unlike the other games, if you get killed in the way, you can still proactively take part in the game by giving suggestions to the other players in the team to win.
- The game is very interesting to play.
- When you fail a challenge, the enemy gets more points.
- You have to collect several Elder Sign tokens to go on in the game.
- All along the way you are given various challenges that you have to cover.
- The app contains various elements that never makes the game boring.
9. Forbidden Island
Forbidden Island application is a literal adaptation of the board game. The app is only available for iPad and not for iPhone or iPod Touch. A lot of users have complained of the app not making full use of the iPad screen and features. It is defined in such a way that four people can swiftly sit together and play the game without any hindrances. Forbidden Island comes with multiple tile arrangements. Initially, the app is free but you eventually will have to make in-app purchases to move forward in the game and unlock more features.
- The game has an undo button. If you are unsure of a move, you can make multiple stops, and then undo them until you are sure of the move you are about to make.
- The app offers a tactical view so it is easier for you to strategize.
- Forbidden Island is a great board game app that assures proper recreation.
- You can only play the game offline, with offline friends.
- It does not have a solitaire mode of playing.
10. Blizzard Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Blizzard Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is a cross-platform application. If the normal games bore you and you are done with them, this is a great game for you. It is also referred to as a highly addictive game that keeps the users hooked. The app has great designs, exquisite gameplay, and is set in a warcraft universe.
- The app offers a long detailed tutorial.
- Highly addictive.
- The goal of the game is to defeat the opponent by finishing their supply of 30 life points.
- The cards in the app are 3D in visualization.
- Blizzard Hearthstone app is available free of cost.
- There are a lot of game modes so it never gets boring.
11. Card Thief
Card Thief is a fantasy heist game. It is a solitary card game that makes it easier for you to play it on Android. This app has unique interactions that make the board game even more interesting to play on any android device. The app is free of cost except for some in-app purchases that you have the option to buy or not buy. The paid version comes with no ads and offline playing.
- The Card Thief is somewhere in the middle of a puzzle and a game.
- The game can be played one-handed.
- It is difficult to beat levels, so you can play the game wherever and whenever.
- Even though this is just a card game, you can play it as if you are in a fantasy setting.
- Card Thief comes with four different settings each at a different castle in the game.
- You can earn rewards to unlock more in-game elements.
- The app comes with no ads.
- Some new challenges are updated daily.
- The game has great strategic depth.
- It is not a multiplayer game.
12. Castles of Mad King Ludwig
The game is based on the actual Castle that King Ludwig had built over his time. It is an original time -matching board game that will surely keep you gripped and entertained. You are required to build the castle following the instructions of the royal patron. The tikes available are varied sized rooms. Every room that is built has to cover the cost of some gold and will also ask for some points to be given away. Completing one room will lead you to unlock a different hallway.
- There are various bonuses available in the game.
- The complexity of the game depends on the orders that the mad king gives.
- It is extremely unpredictable. Sometimes the most completed rooms get a bonus, and at other times least finished rooms get the bonus.
- The game begins with secret cards so the game can surprise you at any time.
- The android version of the app is very similar to the offline version.
- The app is tricky and not easy to master.
- It can be a little complex to understand the game due to the clustered outlook of the app.
13. Miracle Merchant
It is a solitary fantasy game that has been people’s favorite. The app is easy to understand and the user interface makes it stand out. The game is a strategic solo card game that will keep you hooked throughout. With a unique and colorful appearance, it has been covered as one of the best digital board games for android. The game has the setting of an apothecary.
- For Android users, the app is free of cost but contains several ads.
- You don’t need an internet connection to play the game.
- You can compete with your friends offline or with strangers online.
- The character designs in the game are very interesting for the players.
- Color is the main element at play in the game.
- The game begins with four decks of 13 cards each having colors like Blue, Red, Yellow, and Green.
- All the decks are differently themed to match the outlook of the app.
14. AI Factory Limited Games
AI Factory Limited is an app developer who is renowned for developing the best digital board games for Android devices. You can find multiple board games from the developer. Play Chess, sudoku, go checkers, tic-tac-toe, and backgammon on it. These apps are available for free on the Google Play store and so everyone can play them at their convenience.
- The app has been in the editor’s choice multiple times on Google Play Store.
- The app is free of cost.
- Play multiple games by the same developer.
- You can play chess, spades, cards, etc. in one place.
- It functions very well and does not lag.
- Multi players profiles are allowed
- The app user-interface has attracted a lot of customers.
- It is not difficult to understand the game and so does not require a lot of strategies.
15. Ticket to Ride
Ticket to ride works on a concept that requires you to build a railroad in a very fun way. Users all over the world can compete with each other and compare their road-building skills. The app is fast to use and does not create a lot of havoc for the gamers. You have to build roads to connect various cities to get points and move forward in the game. The bigger the road, the more points you are most likely to get in the same.
- You get a lot of changes in the app to gain multiple points.
- A generic game app, easy to understand and score in.
- The app does not allow local multiplayer.
- The design of the app is a little crowded and hard to decipher.
No matter what board game interests you, the Google Play Store takes care of it all. While some board games are hard to understand and play, others come easy. In Our list mentioned above, we have made a list of all the generic and non-generic apps that you can play your digital board games with.
Feature Image Credits: TapSmart