Remnant 2, a captivating souls-like game, offers players a diverse range of classes to choose from. Among these is the formidable Challenger class, renowned for its tanky archetype and exceptional close combat prowess. Like the best Remnant 2 Melee Builds, we’ll find out the best build for Challenger in Remnant 2.
In Remnant 2, all the different classes allow players to customize their characters to suit their unique playstyle, providing a personalized gaming experience for everyone. Skillfully combining different archetypes in Remnant 2 can yield some of the best builds the game has to offer.
In this article, we’ll delve into the world of the Challenger class and explore the best build for Challenger in Remnant 2 that synergizes perfectly with the game mechanics.
In This Article
What is the Challenger Archetype in Remnant 2?
The Challenger class in Remnant 2 is an archetype that excels in close combat and shares similarities with the Scrapper archetype from its predecessor, Remnant from the Ashes.
Players can unleash devastating melee attacks with the Challenger, and the accuracy stat is of little concern, making it perfect for up-close battles. However, what truly sets the Challenger apart is its remarkable ability to withstand even the most fearsome boss attacks in the game.
Traits of the Challenger in Remnant 2 | Remnant 2 Challenger Features
The Challenger archetype boasts an impressive array of skills, traits, and perks that elevate it to become one of the most formidable melee combatants in Remnant 2.
Let’s take a closer look at the defining features of the Challenger:
1. Prime Perk of the Challenger in Remnant 2 – Die Hard:
Upon selecting the Challenger as their primary class, players gain the invaluable “Die Hard” prime perk. Have a look below and explore its features below –
Features of Prime Perk – Die Hard:
- Skill: Invulnerability and Health Regeneration
- Effect: Provides 2 seconds of invulnerability and 50% health regeneration when facing fatal damage.
- Level 5: Extends invulnerability to 2.5 seconds with 75% health regeneration.
- Level 10: Grants 3 seconds of invulnerability and 100% health regeneration.
- Cooldown: Can be activated once every 10 minutes.
- Reset: The cooldown resets upon encountering a Wordstone or experiencing death.
2. Archetype Trait of the Challenger in Remnant 2 – Strong Back:
The Strong Back archetype trait accompanies the Challenger class and provides players with the ability to equip heavier gear. This trait is one of the primary reasons to choose the Challenger, as it allows players to don heavy armor, significantly enhancing their natural tackiness and survivability.
3. Skills of the Challenger in Remnant 2:
The Challenger offers three unique skills to unleash devastation on opponents:
- Warstomp: This skill enables players to stomp the ground, creating powerful tremors that stagger enemies, giving the Challenger a strategic advantage in close combat encounters.
- Juggernaut: With the Juggernaut skill, players gain a temporary boost in movement speed and melee damage, making them even deadlier in battles.
- Rampage: The Rampage skill provides a brief but substantial increase in fire rate, reload speed, and movement speed, turning the Challenger into a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.
The Best Build for Challenger in Remnant 2
To unlock the full potential, players can try the best build for Challenger in Remnant 2 by synergizing it with the Engineer archetype, making for a formidable combination that excels both in close-quarters and long-range combat.
The Engineer archetype brings in the advantage of deploying various turrets, providing additional support and firepower on the battlefield. Since the Challenger lacks long-range attacks, the Engineer’s turrets compensate for this weakness and create a well-rounded and dominant build.
Although the world of Remnant 2 is still relatively new, players can use this article as a guide to crafting a solid blueprint for their exhilarating playthrough of the game. Embrace the archetype by trying the best build for Challenger in Remnant 2 & pair it with the Engineer, and conquer the challenges that await!