Looking for some best budgeting apps and don’t know where to start? Don’t worry because I have the list of the best budgeting apps that you must have.
If you are like me who spend recklessly on the first day of the month, then my friend, you need to look at these life-changing apps. Finance has always been a hard field for me, but after learning about these applications, my perception changed.
List of the best budgeting apps includes:
- Personal Capital
- YNAB – Budget, Personal Finance
- Mvelopes Budget App
- Goodbudget: Budget and Finance
Read further to know more about these budgeting apps. I have made sure to bring all the best features, pro and cons of these applications.
Best Budgeting Apps
Below-mentioned apps are the best apps among all. Choose wisely the app that meets your requirements. These apps will help you in saving and knowing about your financial situation.
These apps are available for Android and iOS users.
This app offers customized options to all users. From making a monthly plan to choosing the best savings option, Mint has it all. It is one of the best apps for personal finance management. This is an iOS exclusive app.
- The app doesn’t just keep track of expenses but also gives suggestions on how to do more savings.
- With Mint, you can sync your bank accounts and manage them.
- Mint lets you set a budget for yourself and keep a track of your spendings.
- You can set some goals for yourself and keep checking on how far you are from achieving them.
- The app gives you tips on how you can improve your credit score.
- Mint automatically separates your spendings into different categories.
- The app is available absolutely Free of Cost.
The Quicken app has been available on the apple app store long before Mint or other budgeting apps came into existence. The app is multi-device. This can help you stay on the right track. Though the app is not available for free, it has wonderful in-app features.
- You can use Quicken anytime, anywhere. The app can sync on various devices.
- Quicken directly downloads your spendings from your bank account and keeps a track of it.
- The app can be used offline.
- Quicken offers the provision for short-term and long-term planning.
- Quicken is not available for free. You need to buy an annual subscription to the app to continue using it.
- The app is not easy to understand for the ones who are new to budgeting.
Spendee is a budgeting app available across all iOS devices that lets you share your bills with your friends and family. If you are living with your friends, splitting the bill can be a problem. With Spendee your problem is solved.
- Spendee lets you keep a check on your income and expenditure at the same place.
- The app offers both backup and sync.
- The app places your debt records on top so that you can repay all your loans.
- You can link all your bank accounts with Spendee.
- The web version of Spendee has more features than that of the app.
- You may be unable to see the available balance in the wallet on the list of transactions.
Also, Read The Best Budgeting Apps For iOS 2021
4. Personal Capital
Personal Capital gives you an account of your net spendings and income. It not just keeps a track of your expenditure but also lets you make investments through the app.
- You can link all your accounts and see real-time spendings.
- The app is absolutely free of cost.
- The app is available on Apple Watch too.
- While it started as a budgeting app, it is a one-stop destination for all your financing needs. From planning to managing cash flow, everything is well taken care of.
- Personal Capital offers high security for all its users.
- The app gives you bill requirements so you don’t miss out on important payments.
- It manages your investments and gives you a real-time image of where your holdings stand.
- Though the app is available free of cost, you may have to do in-app purchases to unlock more features.
- Personal Capital budgeting app gives advanced suggestions that might be difficult to understand.
Albert is one of the best financing apps available online. It offers advanced well-research statistics and helps you finance the best way. The app is available across all iOS devices and gives all financing solutions in one place.
- If you are looking to find your way in the big-end finance market, this is the app for you.
- The app lets you connect to financial advisors online.
- This is not a purely computer-managed app. It gives you an option to connect to financial advisors in real-time.
- Albert makes Category based budgets to help manage finances.
6. YNAB – Budget, Personal Finance
YNAB helps you keep a check on the salary and spend it carefully. This app regulates your spendings and helps you gain control over your money. This app takes care of your money without you thinking so much about it.
If you are an Android user, you cannot miss The Best Budgeting Apps for Android 2021
- The app easily connects all your bank accounts giving you an exact idea about the money spent.
- This app imports transactions but also lets you edit them so your transactions sheet is up-to-date at all times.
- The app also offers Goal tracking. Set a goal for yourself and calculate how much time it’ll take to reach it.
- Real-time Money expenditure – You do not need multiple apps for different financial needs, YNAB takes care of everything in one app.
- The app records the activity of each dollar.
- The app lets you plan. Set a goal for yourself and you will get reminded of how far you are.
- You can adjust the budget according to your needs. The budget meter is not fixed. Increase or decrease it as necessary.
- The app does not let you make investments.
- The iOS app is more frequently updated than the android version.
- The app is a paid app.
Wally is a user-friendly app that helps you with all the budgeting needs. This app is most preferred by the students, who need to keep a track of the money and do not have to pay for the budgeting app.
- The app comes with multiple categories letting you navigate and choose properly.
- Wally helps you create groups on the app where you can collaborate with your friends.
- Wally helps you split expenses and share them with your friends.
- The app has an in-built camera so you can attach the picture of a bill to your expenses.
- This app is free of cost and hence pocket-friendly.
- The app does not work well for recurring expenses.
- There is no bank linking so you need to enter the details on your own.
8. Mvelopes Budget App
Mvelopes come in the form of envelope budgeting. The Mvelope app puts your budget in the form of envelopes for different categories of spendings. Once your envelope is empty, it means that your budget for the category is finished.
- Mvelopes comes with envelope budgeting that helps you sort your expenses into categories.
- Set your budget for each category
- The app lets you know if your budget for the month is exhausted and prevents you from overspending.
- Mvelopes offer a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- You can track your transactions and put them in specific folders.
- The app does not come with free lifetime usage.
- Mvelopes sometimes record double transactions so the expenses can get mixed up.
9. Goodbudget: Budget and Finance
Goodbudget is similar to Envelop Budgeting where you can put your expenditure into categories. This app is mostly preferred by Couples letting them split bills and take care of their finances together.
- The most ideal app for home budget planning.
- Goodbudget does real-time tracking of the money and helps you take care of your budget.
- The app comes with a future planning envelope so you can save a specified amount of money.
- Goodbudget can be synced on multiple devices.
- The budgeting app does not auto-fill the envelopes.
- The app requires you to input the salary manually.
- It is not connected to your bank accounts.
Feature Image Credits: Learn Academy