The augmented reality games genre is a very new field of games for Android. After observing the interests of the people now, the number of augmented reality games has increased. We have made for you a list of the best-augmented reality games for Android.
Augmented reality (AR) games offer an interactive experience between the game elements and the real-world environment. With time, this genre of games has only evolved.
Some of the Best-Augmented Reality Games for Android are:
- Pokemon Go
- Zombie, Run!
- Spirit Camera
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
- Ingress Prime
This list of the best-augmented reality games is discussed in detail in the article further. Each of these games has different gameplay.
Best Augmented reality games for Android
After trying out a lot of augmented games, this list has been carefully created for you. With us, you can remain carefree and play only the best games.
1. Pokémon Go
Pokemon Go is one of the largest and most popular augmented reality games of present times. People of all age groups have developed a liking for this game. It is due to its high interactive features that it has managed to attract a huge user base.
An argumentative game, this was released in 2016. Ever since its release, it has been on the top charts. This location-based game turns every place into an AR Pallet town with the help of an in-built map that lets you find Pokemons wherever you go. It acts like a dream setting for all the Pokemon lovers.
- Explore and discover pokemon wherever you are.
- Your present location becomes your gaming field.
- Move along your Pokemon to get additional points.
- During raid battles, team up with other players to find powerful pokemon.
- This cartoon game is free to play with some in-app purchases.
2. Zombie, Run!
Zombie, run! Is your next-generation fitness game. All you have to do is run in the Real-world and that relates to your progress in the game. The gameplay includes zombies running behind you. The faster you run, the faster you get rid of the zombies. The app gives you real-time updates of how far behind the zombie is.
It gives you a command on what way you can run to win the game. You can run in real life and this AR game will take it as if you are in the virtual world running away from zombies. While you are running, keep in mind that you also have a secret mission to complete. You can also sync the game online and play it across various android devices. It is one of the most famous Augmented reality games.
- You can run at any speed you are comfortable with.
- Accompany your fitness activities with this game.
- The game gives commands while you are running.
- Any songs that you might be listening to won’t be interrupted.
- The supplies will be automatically picked up on the way.
- You will need to speed up your run if the zombies reach near you.
- It works anywhere. Small run or big, you can still play the game.
- There are about 200 missions to play in the game.
3. Spirit Camera
This augmented reality game is best played in daylight. It brings with itself, an essence of horror and some gothic elements. It is a spin-off of the Fatal Frame series. The game makes you a character carrying a camera whose one goal is to kill the ghosts nearby. If you are someone easily scared by the ghosts or fear them, the Spirit camera is not the game for you. It will just widen your fear of the ghosts. The eerie ghost characters appear near you in a real-world environment, and you have to kill them with your powers in the game.
- The game works in 3D form.
- You have to be well aware of your surroundings as the ghosts appear from any side.
- This game is available in three modes, story, minigame, and challenges.
- The augmented reality part of the game is the most prominent in the story mode of the game.
- For you to kill the attacking ghosts, you’ll have to attack them using the game’s Camera Obscura abilities.
4. Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
The world at Hogwarts is now available to you in your surroundings. If you love the Harry Potter franchise, you wouldn’t want to miss out on this game. This 2019 released game just needs your cell phone and a GPS to activate the augmented reality aspect.
In this game, you move around in your area, on the way picking up objects which you can later use to get rid of the enemies. Players play it collectively, beating the enemies who have a direct effect on everyone and everything in the game. Now is the time that you become the wizard you always wanted to be.
- You need your GPS on at all times.
- Customize the game according to your choices.
- You get to have your favorite wand and be a part of your favorite house.
- This game will have a cameo of the show characters and will also introduce some new ones.
- Move around and battle with some mythological characters from the Harry Potter franchise.
5. Ingress Prime
This game is very similar to Pokemon Go except in this game you have the responsibility of the whole world on you. Choose a side and use your power to win it. You can hold ground and share the resources with your team to win the game. Explore and interact with the environment near you like the monuments, historical buildings, etc. to get additional resources and benefits. Any other place that you go to can become an in-game portal.
- You can take over places and convert them into Control fields.
- Strategize with your teammates to win.
- For you to play the game you might need to give some permissions that might require parental consent if you are a minor.
- Dominate territories by joining portals.
- Turn your real world into an alternate universe.
Augmented games are more than just meant for entertainment purposes. You can live in a 3D world and game world, both at the same time. Enjoy the above-mentioned games and tell us also about them.
Feature Image Credits: cxocARd