Are you looking for some of the best Augmented Reality Games? If yes, then you are at the right place. In this article, you will find the best games for Android, iOS, and PC.
There are many augmented reality games available on the internet. After a lot of research, we have managed to bring out the best reality based games. Trust me, these games are addictive! they are so fun to play that you will just forget all the stress of your life.
The list of the Top Augmented Reality Games include:
- Pokemon Go
- Zombie, Run!
- Spirit Camera
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
- Ingress Prime
- The Machines
- Smash tanks
- AR Zombi
- Jurassic World Alive
- Angry Birds AR: Isle of Pigs
All these games are the best of all. Read further to know more about the features, pros, and cons of these games.
Best Augmented Reality Games 2021
All these games can be easily downloaded from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store. Read along with the list to find out the best game.
1. Pokémon Go
Pokemon Go is one of the largest and most popular augmented reality games of present times. People of all age groups have developed a liking for this game. It is due to its high interactive features that it has managed to attract a huge user base.
An argumentative game, this was released in 2016. Ever since its release, it has been on the top charts. This location-based game turns every place into an AR Pallet town with the help of an in-built map that lets you find Pokemons wherever you go. It acts like a dream setting for all the Pokemon lovers.
- Explore and discover pokemon wherever you are.
- Your present location becomes your gaming field.
- Move along your Pokemon to get additional points.
- During raid battles, team up with other players to find powerful pokemon.
- This cartoon game is free to play with some in-app purchases.
2. Zombie, Run!
Zombie, run! Is your next-generation fitness game. All you have to do is run in the Real-world and that relates to your progress in the game. The gameplay includes zombies running behind you. The faster you run, the faster you get rid of the zombies. The app gives you real-time updates of how far behind the zombie is.
Also, read Best Augmented Reality Games for iOS 2021
It gives you a command on what way you can run to win the game. You can run in real life and this AR game will take it as if you are in the virtual world running away from zombies. While you are running, keep in mind that you also have a secret mission to complete. You can also sync the game online and play it across various android devices. It is one of the most famous Augmented reality games.
- You can run at any speed you are comfortable with.
- Accompany your fitness activities with this game.
- The game gives commands while you are running.
- Any songs that you might be listening to won’t be interrupted.
- The supplies will be automatically picked up on the way.
- You will need to speed up your run if the zombies reach near you.
- It works anywhere. Small run or big, you can still play the game.
- There are about 200 missions to play in the game.
3. Spirit Camera
This augmented reality game is best played in daylight. It brings with itself, an essence of horror and some gothic elements. It is a spin-off of the Fatal Frame series. The game makes you a character carrying a camera whose one goal is to kill the ghosts nearby.
If you are someone easily scared by the ghosts or fear them, the Spirit camera is not the game for you. It will just widen your fear of the ghosts. The eerie ghost characters appear near you in a real-world environment, and you have to kill them with your powers in the game.
- The game works in 3D form.
- You have to be well aware of your surroundings as the ghosts appear from any side.
- This game is available in three modes, story, minigame, and challenges.
- The augmented reality part of the game is the most prominent in the story mode of the game.
- For you to kill the attacking ghosts, you’ll have to attack them using the game’s Camera Obscura abilities.
4. Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
The world at Hogwarts is now available to you in your surroundings. If you love the Harry Potter franchise, you wouldn’t want to miss out on this game. This 2019 released game just needs your cell phone and a GPS to activate the augmented reality aspect.
Also, read Best Popular Games for PC in 2021
In this game, you move around in your area, on the way picking up objects which you can later use to get rid of the enemies. Players play it collectively, beating the enemies who have a direct effect on everyone and everything in the game. Now is the time that you become the wizard you always wanted to be.
- You need your GPS on at all times.
- Customize the game according to your choices.
- You get to have your favorite wand and be a part of your favorite house.
- This game will have a cameo of the show characters and will also introduce some new ones.
- Move around and battle with some mythological characters from the Harry Potter franchise.
5. Ingress Prime
This game is very similar to Pokemon Go except in this game you have the responsibility of the whole world on you. Choose a side and use your power to win it. You can hold ground and share the resources with your team to win the game. Explore and interact with the environment near you like the monuments, historical buildings, etc. to get additional resources and benefits. Any other place that you go to can become an in-game portal.
- You can take over places and convert them into Control fields.
- Strategize with your teammates to win.
- For you to play the game you might need to give some permissions that might require parental consent if you are a minor.
- Dominate territories by joining portals.
- Turn your real world into an alternate universe.
6. The Machines
The Machines is one of the best augmented reality games for iOS devices. It is a multiplayer, co-op strategy game that lets you turn any room into a playing field. Choose a tabletop and by using the AR feature of the game, you battle with your machines. You can choose to play against a local player or anywhere online. Fight your battle. You win or lose depending on the way you play. This game uses advanced physics and technology to help use visual fidelity better. It also has a great sound integration so your position in the real world defines the amount of sound you will hear in the game.
- The gameplay graphics are available in high definition.
- It is a 3D game that gives you a real-life experience.
- Sounds in the game are something widely acknowledged. The farther you are from the action, the lesser frequency sounds you’ll hear.
- Make use of perspective-based tactics to beat your enemy.
- You can use super weapons and carefully planned gameplay to win the battle.
- Check the global leaderboard to see where you stand.
- Share the code with friends to play this game with them.
7. Smash Tanks
The game of Smash Tanks turns your tabletops into a battlefield. Be quick in your response and you can win the game. The action happens on your phone screen that with the help of augmented reality appears to be happening on the tabletop. This game is not difficult to play and with the help of standard physics. This can be played single-player and multiplayer as well. You can take the game with you. It can be played outdoors and indoors as easily.
- This game can be played by two people from the same device or different ones.
- You can also play this game with an online multiplayer.
- It is only after you eliminate your opponent’s tanks that you can win the game.
- Make use of swipe features to defeat the opponent.
- Use special power-ups in the game.
- These power-ups are at a lot of places in the game field. Use tactics to avoid your opponent getting a power-up.
8. AR Zombi
If you love zombies and the world of supernaturals, this is the right game for you. Unlike the other Zombie AR games, this one focuses on you saving your house from the Zombies. This augmented reality game does not require a large set-up. The comfort of your home is enough for you to enjoy this using your iOS devices. It is widely loved for the element of difficulty and graphics that it provides.
- Zombies try to invade your house.
- The game offers a 3D experience.
- The zombies attack you and try to feed on your brain.
- Use weapons to kill the attacking zombie.
- You are provided with limited ammo so strategize well and use defense more than attack.
- This game maps the real doors and windows with the AR of the game.
9. Jurassic World Alive
Bring back the world of dinosaurs on this augmented reality game for iOS. This game is very similar to the famous Pokemon Go game. In Jurassic World Alive, Your surroundings become the playing field where you have to capture the dinosaurs. Take this game with you wherever you go. Find dinosaurs along the way and collect them. You Can also find some surprises and bonuses at certain places in the game so be on the lookout for that.
- Find rare dinosaurs to get additional points.
- Go to the lab and you can create your new hybrids of the dinosaurs.
- The more you travel, the more dinosaurs you will be able to collect.
- Battle with the other team to get points.
- Open the game every day to get daily rewards and bonuses.
- You can post the AR images and videos on your social media or share them with your friends and family to show your progress.
- The game has many in-app purchases.
- You can subscribe to the game to get more benefits.
10. Angry Birds AR: Isle of Pigs
Angry birds have been a popular game for iOS devices. Its integration with Augmented reality has made it all the more important and likable for all the users. You can now fling Chuck, Red, Bomb, and the blues at the pigs that you can very well find in your real-world surroundings using this augmented reality feature of the game. Just like the other angry birds games this game also requires you to blow up the pigs. Move around in the room to play with more complex structures to get more points. Compete with a local player or with any player online to track your progress during playing.
- The game has about 40 levels to play.
- This is a free AR app for iOS.
- You can now make Angry Birds a reality with your real-life environment.
- Destroy as many pigs as you can to get higher scores.
- If you get a three-star score you can get advanced scores and more benefits.
- This game is not very aggressive so kids can also enjoy it.
- Zoom in the game or Zoom out depending on the space around you.
- For you to play this game, you need to have a constant internet connection.
Feature Image Credits: Makeuseof