Your talent for creating aesthetics with a normal picture should not go in vain. You can use the Best Art and Design Apps in 2022 to bring out the artist in you. Out of many art and design apps, we have selected the best of all.
We all are living in an age where people earn just by showing tantrums (yes, I’m talking about Kardashians). So think if you have or develop an actual talent, you are going to blow up this world.
The below-mentioned apps are the best art and design apps available on the internet. You can easily download these apps from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
9 Best Art and Design Apps 2022 | Unleash Your Creative Side!
Some of these best art and design apps are professional but that doesn’t mean beginners can’t use them. Someone told me once if you want to learn something, play with it. So I am going to suggest the same.
Have fun with exploring these best art and design apps. Learn to make small logos, or design a mandala maybe. Just don’t stress and you will be a pro soon.
1. Adobe Fresco: Sketch & Draw
If you want a single app to capture, photoshop, and illustrate, then the preferred app will be Adobe Fresco.
Adobe Fresco allows you to draw with a lot of tools. This can be pens, pencils, ink brushes, watercolor paint, and a lot more, and give your art a realistic touch digitally. Also, you can adjust the size, color, opacity, and blending settings.
This Editor’s Choice app is loved by artists all around the globe as it is easy to use and understand.
No matter if you are a beginner, you can draw and paint on the royalty-free images present in the in-built library. And even if your work has layers or blends or merge, it will be preserved as the original work of yours when sent to other devices.
Features of Adobe Fresco Art and Design App
- Draw with pencils, pens, markers, erasers, thick acrylic, and more.
- You can use over 11 different tools and can adjust the Draw with pencils, pens, markers, erasers, thick acrylic.
- Get smooth blending with different blending settings.
- Allows photoshop and layering.
- You can share your work without taking much care about the layering. It will remain the same.
- Capture, Photoshop, Illustrator app!!
- Lots of filters and effects to try.
- Keeps the originality in work.
- Creative Libraries to choose from free stock images.
Size: Varies with device
Price: It is a free app.
Yes, another editor’s choice app in the list.
For a beginner, the important thing is to start from scratch, but due to the complex working and clumsy interface, this app is best for a beginner.
It is an excellent app that allows you to draw, doodle, graffiti, or paint. It has got the base map for its users. This so that you can learn to paint with simplicity. Just choose any one photo from the base map and you can do whatever you want.
Also, you can add the handwriting signature with a pen after you have finished the work. Indeed, PaperColor is one of the best art and design apps in 2022.
Features of PaperColor Art and Design App
- You can paint, draw, doodle, graffiti.
- It allows you to sketch, or paint in any medium you want.
- It has got a ruler, eraser and similar options.
- Finish off your work with a handwriting signature with a pen.
- Easy to use.
- For beginners.
- In-built library.
Price: It is a free app. But offers in-app purchases. It can cost $0.99 – $4.99 per item.
3. Picsart Color Paint
This is an all-in-one art and design app that allows you to show your creativity to the fullest even if you are not a pro at it.
You can add filters, use trendy photo effects, even erase the background with its cut-out photos or erase the background feature. It has millions of free images to choose from for editing and designing. And, you can edit multiple photos in the same style and add design to them with just simple clicks. All its features make Picsart one of the best art and design apps in 2022.
To make your art look more tempting, you can blur the background, flip, and crop. This allows you to change hair, makeup, and apply stickers from 60 million stickers. You can recreate trendy edits in mere taps. It also has 200+ aesthetic fonts to add text to your edits.
Features of Picsart Color Paint Art and Design App
- It allows you to edit and design images as well as videos or slideshows.
- You can remove backgrounds or make the background blur.
- You can remove people or unwanted objects from your photos by retouch.
- It has a lot of trendy filters and photo effects to give an extra edge to your pictures and can be adjusted as well.
- You can choose from 60 M+ cool stickers and 200+ aesthetic fonts.
- The in-built library has millions of free images.
- Trendy filters.
- Several drawing effects to choose from.
Size: Varies with device
Price: It is a free app. But offers in-app purchases. It can cost $0.99 – $119.99 per item.
4. Canva: Design, Photo & Video | Best Art and Design App
What if creating mind-blowing graphics, infographics, logos, and editing images become a 2 or 3 step work?
Canva is a one-stop solution for each and every graphics-related work that makes them look easy.
It has pre-made thousands of ready-to-use templates in-built. Canva is an extremely useful, complete platform that has a highly organized handling section. This makes it easier for a new person. The different templates are designed according to the size of the images.
Either an Instagram story or a post, you can be a pro in anyone.
Features of Canva: Design, Photo & Video Art and Design App
- A number of templates for a Logo designer, book cover, invites, Instagram Story, flyers, quotes, brochure, resume, presentation, posters, Facebook cover, Instagram post.
- Over 1 million Simple free images for editing.
- Options of picture frames, shapes, photos, charts, text, background, and uploads are present.
- Photo collage maker.
- Free Instagram short video and movie maker editor; edit video templates.
- 100’s of fonts.
- Drag and drop image feature.
- Tutorials and courses for professionals.
Price: It is a free app, but offers in-app purchases. It can cost $1.49 – $119.99 per item.
5. ibis Paint x
If you are a professional artist, then all that you need is ibis paint x, no other tools required!!!
What is your specialty?
Watercolor, oil, acrylics, drawing sketching, or logo designing, can do it all. This one of the best art and design apps is equipped with over 2500 materials, over 800 fonts. All these counts for a better experience with the use of 381 brushes, 71 filters, 46 screen tones, 27 blending modes, a lot more to mention as such.
Also, you can record your work till the end no matter how long it is.
Features of ibis Paint x Art and Design App
- Over 2500 material and 800 features.
- Over 381 brushes, 71 filters, 46 screen tones, 27 blending modes.
- It has got stroke stabilization and radial/ symmetry ruler features.
- You can record the drawing process in HD.
- Smooth gliding and easy to draw and paint.
- Easy to use.
- Smooth drawing with up to 60fps
- Unique pro features like stabilization and ruler.
- Allows recording the process.
Price: It is a free app, but offers in-app purchases. It can cost $2.99 – $8.99 per item.
6. Procreate Pocket
Procreate pocket is an exclusive iOS app that allows you to SKETCH, PAINT, and CREATE.
It is a creative app that inspires aspiring artists to create professional artworks. It has got hundreds of brushes that are handmade. Also, the tools are quite innovative and the filters are they are just next to amazing. Its advanced layer system and the lightning-fast Valkyrie graphics engine let you create sketches that speak for you.
No matter where you are, just open the app and start creating beautiful art pieces that give you a soothing feel. Use HD canvases and convert your imagination into reality. Well, the special thing about this app is that it has a unique quick shape feature. It lets you draw perfect shapes quickly without taking much time in correcting the outline.
Don’t worry if you got the wrong stroke. You can undo and redo up to 250 levels. Well, that’s huge. Isn’t it? And no need to save it again and again. It has got the auto-save mode that will work 24*7 so that you will never lose your precious artwork.
This is not less than a complete art studio with stunning 64-bit colors. To be true, there are infinite reasons for Procreate Pocket to be on the list of the best art and design apps in 2022.
Features of Procreate Pocket Art and Design App
- SKETCH, PAINT, and CREATE.
- It has got ultra HD canvases that bring on the creative mode in you.
- You can from hundreds of brushes and creative tools.
- You can enjoy the perfect shapes with its incredible idea have a quick shape feature.
- It has got more than 64-bit colors and several handcrafted brushes.
- It has got a full-fledged layering system with over 25 layer blend modes.
- Even if you ruin your artwork, don’t stress, you can redo or undo that up to 250 levels.
- Customization of the tools is also allowed.
- Also, you can do animation with its Animation Assist that is best for simple as well as creative effects.
- Great for a beginner.
- Has unique features like quick shape.
- high range of tools to try.
- Layers with 25+ modes
- Auto-save feature
- Animation Assist
Size: Varies with devices.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Price: It is a paid app and costs $9.99. This also has in-app purchases.
It is more than merely a designing app.
This is the all-in-one app that lets you sketch on the blank canvas, write notes for the essential things in studies, doodles, build mind maps, draw storyboards, product sketches, and design plans. Each stroke is editable with Concepts.
Get to use pens, pencils, watercolors, oil, acrylic, and many more tools. This app is even used by professionals in making animations and sketches. These include the big names like Disney, Playstation, Philips, HP, Apple, Google, Unity, and Illumination Entertainment.
Features of Concepts Art and Design App-
- It has got uncountable canvas/ sketchbooks/ Whiteboards to draw.
- You can choose from several realistic tools to give that ‘X’ factor to your creative idea.
- You can customize your gestures, tools, gallery, or almost everything in your way.
- There is no need to think about the layering, you can do it as much as you want.
- It has got essential elements like shape guides, scale, and measurement tools.
- The color wheel has it all.
- It has got editable vector-based sketching – moves organizes, edits by a tool, color, size, scale, smoothing, opacity; transform or nudge lines to shape them anytime.
- Drag+drop images + PDF files right onto the canvas.
- Great for Students
- Customizable features
- Unlimited layering
- Unseen realistic touch
Size: 160.5 MB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Price: It is a free app and has in-app purchases. It can cost $3.99 to $29.99 per service.
A Sketchbook® is another tool that lets you Draw, Paint, & sketch anything anywhere.
Sketchbook® compels you to bring your idea to reality. Whenever you are hinged by an idea, just open the app and draw. Enjoy access to the fast and powerful creative sketching tools and the most interesting news is that it is free!!!
If you use Sketchbook®, you will be able to draw with the infinitely constrained tool. Moreover, it is highly customizable. With this, you can get the Curve ruler. What is it? Its curve ruler lets you draw a curve easily that is somewhat difficult to master in the initial stages of sketching.
Also, you will love its prospective glide to get things done.
Features of Sketchbook® Art and Design App
- DRAW, PAINT, and SKETCH.
- You can create extra-ordinary sketches or beautiful artwork with less time on learning as to how the app works.
- Art Tools are the priority.
- You will get access to the Customize, Infinite, and Constrained Grid tools.
- It has got a vanishing point lock and horizon line visibility.
- You can use several amazing features like the Curve ruler for better symmetry.
- It has got perspective guides, with 1, 2, and 3 point perspective guides.
- Customizable tools to try hands-on.
- Incredible unique features.
- Completely free to use.
- For the new iPad, it supports a Scan sketch.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Price: It is a free app.
9. Pigment – Adult Coloring Book
Now get into the art hobby with the ultimate Pigment – Adult Coloring book. This app turns your art into reality.
It is a realistic coloring and drawing app. You can learn and use your creativity to draw, sketch, paint, design, and color with different pigments. Its library has a lot of special tools like brushes, markers, and pencils.
There are a lot of artists drawn creative pages to inspire and guide you. You have the liberty to choose from a lot of themes and coloring books like comics, dailies, etc. Even this app has your favorite Disney characters to color.
You can be a professional in minutes by your phone screen. This app has the features to redo, undo, erase the artwork. You can save your work in your personalized library. Also, it has a 360-degree rotation option to rotate and twist your epic artwork.
Features of Pigment Art and Design App
- Has over 6,000+ color pages.
- 29+ styling tools like brushes.
- You can import your pictures from the phone’s gallery.
- Has tap to fill.
- Adjust the pressure, direction, and size of the stroke.
- Fully supports finger, Apple Pencil, and third-party stylus inputs.
- Undo, redo, and erase.
- You can enjoy your drawing from every angle with its 360 screens rotate.
- Easy to use.
- Has a lot of interesting tools
- 360 degree rotate.
- Realistic experience.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Price: It is a free app. but offers in-app purchases. It can cost $1.99 – $39.99 per item.
Coloring apps really evolve our creativity. Do try these best art and design apps and share your experience with us. That was all about this article on “9 Best Art and Design Apps in 2022 | Drawing Apps You’ll Love”.
Please share this article with your friends who love to draw. Maybe they will make a living out of their passion. Keep visiting Path of EX and have a great day!