Spotify is a unique platform that is popular among many of its users for its unique features. You can create your playlist on the platform and share it with other users. You also get the option to make your playlist public and let others see and like it. Here I have discussed are Spotify playlists public? Spotify allows you to make your playlist public on its platform. Hence, if you really wish to know what they are, read the details in the article ahead.
There are many features on Spotify that will help you to go public or make your account private. Among them, you can share your playlist with any user on Spotify. This is an incredible feature, and most people are thrilled with it. And you can also see who follows your Spotify playlist. These features give a euphoric touch to your Spotify listening experience.
You can read more and know are Spotify playlists public. The details are all provided below. And I am sure you will be thrilled to know the details and the methods involved in it.
In This Article
Are Spotify Playlists Public?
By default, all the playlists on Spotify are public. But it majorly depends on how you have set your Privacy Settings. So, yes, it is public, and anyone can see it. Your followers, or even any other users who search for your username on the app, can see your playlist. So, do you wish to make your playlist private? If yes, read the methods mentioned ahead. You have to make small changes in your Privacy Settings, and your playlist will become private.
How to Make Your Spotify Playlist Private?
If you wish to make your playlist private and share it with anyone, you have to invite that particular person. You have to go to the playlist and click on the option of Add or Invite. The person has to accept your invitation to see the playlist. Check out the methods below and see how you can make your playlist private.
How To Make Your Spotify Playlist Private On a Computer?
To make your Spotify playlist private on Spotify, read the steps mentioned below:
- Launch Spotify on your computer.
- Log in to your account.
- Select the playlist that you want to make private.
- Next to the playlist title, click on the three dots icon.
- In the dropdown menu, select Make Secret.
- You will see a pop-up window where you need to confirm that you want to make the playlist private.
- To confirm, click on the option Make Secret.
- Your playlist is private and can be seen by you till you share it with others.
How to Make Your Spotify Playlist Private On Mobile?
Are you interested in making the Spotify playlist private on your mobile? If yes, read the step-by-step below:
- Launch the Spotify app on your mobile device.
- Select the playlist you want to make private.
- Go to the upper right corner of the playlist and click on the three dots.
- You will see a drop-down menu; click on the Edit option.
- Switch on the option of Make Secret.
- Go to the upper right corner and click on the option Save to save the changes.
- The playlist is private and is not visible to other Spotify users.
How to Adjust Your Privacy Settings on Spotify?
To make the Spotify playlist private or visible, just read the steps below:
- Launch the Spotify app on your device.
- Go to your profile.
- Go to the top right corner of the screen and click on the three dots.
- Select the Settings option from the dropdown menu.
- Go down to the Social section.
- You have to switch off the option of Make my new playlists public as it will make the new playlists private by default.
Spotify Playlists Public: Pros and Cons
If you wish to keep your Spotify playlist public, you have to know certain pros and cons. To know them in detail, read below:
- You can discover new music and connect with other users with similar musical tastes through public playlists.
- Any artist or an influencer can take the help of the Public playlists to promote their own music or playlists.
- While creating a playlist for a party or an event, make it public and create a collaborative playlist by allowing guests to add their own songs.
- When you make your playlist public, your privacy is at stake, and you can share your personal information or sensitive songs.
- People may harass you, and your playlist may attract unwanted attention when it goes public.
- When you are creating a playlist for a private event or gathering, you can make it public or kill the surprise or spoil the theme.
I hope all your queries regarding Spotify playlists public have been answered. The answer is positive, and I have included all the possible methods which you can use to make the public playlists private. You can even invite others to your private Spotify playlist. Share the article with any person who also wishes to know ‘Are Spotify playlists public.’
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can anyone see my Spotify activity?
Yes, the platform of Spotify is open, so anyone can see your Spotify activity.
2. Can I make only some of my playlists private?
If you wish to make your playlist private, you have to make the entire playlist private, not a part of it.
3. Can I see who is following my playlists?
No, you can not see who is following your playlist.