How do you prefer to pay for expensive products? Paying in installments has become a norm. Not only is it convenient but also helps you in saving some money. For easy payment options, many apps have been developed. Categorized as ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’, these apps let you make payments in installments. The most famous among these apps is Klarna. However, if you are searching for its alternatives, here is a list of payment apps like Klarna.
Klarna is the most famous app that provides point-of-sale loans. It provides many payment options and gives its users the flexibility of paying in installments over a period of time. Klarna lets its users split their payments into four equal installments. The best part is that these installments are interest-free. However, you do have to pay a late fee if you make a delay in the payments. Apps like Klarna also help you to improve your credit score by reporting to the credit bureaus.
If you have used Klarna but did not like it, don’t worry! In this article, I will give you a list of the best payment apps like Klarna. All these apps perform the same functions with just some minor changes.
15 Best Payment Apps Like Klarna in 2023
While Klarna is the most famous ‘buy now, pay later’ app, it is not the only one. There are many other alternatives to Klarna. Scroll down to find a list of the best payment apps like Klarna. All these apps have their own pros and cons. I have listed them too. Now, you can select the app that suits your needs the best.
Also, read 13 Best Apps Like Earnin | Get Cash Advances Upto $25000
Affirm is among other apps like Klarna. Affirm was founded in 2012 and has grown immensely. It is one of the biggest companies providing point-of-sale loans. Affirm serves more than 6 million customers worldwide. Affirm provides its customers the option of managing large payments by turning them into regular short-term payments. The interest rate for short-term loans varies from 0% to 30%. However, the interest is fixed and does not compound.
Pros of Using Affirm
- Affirm offers a wide variety of installment options.
- There is no transaction fee.
- Affirm also offers pre-qualification.
Also, read Instant Loan Apps Like Dave | Get Cash Advances Easily
Cons of Using Affirm
- The choice of retailers on Affirm is limited.
- The interest rates are high.
- The on-time payments are not reported to credit bureaus, leaving your credit score unaffected.
After Pay is one of the best global payment companies with over 8.3 million users worldwide. It is among the best apps like Klarna. Afterpay offers an attractive website. Afterpay attracts customers since it lends services to anyone without checking their financial capabilities. After pay also has an interactive mobile application that is easy to use.
Pros of Using Afterpay
- The approval process is very fast and easy.
- Integration of retail stores is seamless.
- Provides multiple options for payments.
Cons of Using Afterpay
- A substantial fee is charged if you fail to make a payment.
- The payment plan schedule is strict.
- There is very less credit checking which leads to impulse spending.
Sezzle was founded in 2016 with the vision of empowering the younger generations. It wants to improve the financial knowledge and stability of its customers. Sezzle app has over 2.4 million users worldwide. It is a worthy name in the list of payment apps like Klarna. Sizzle lets its customers pay for a purchase by dividing it into four installments. These payments can be made over a period of six weeks.
Pros of Using Sezzle
- The process of checking credit is not very hard.
- The payment plans are very simple and transparent.
- You don’t have to pay any interest on purchases.
Also, read How To Apply For A Loan With Bad Credit
Cons of Using Sezzle
- The payment limits are lower for first-time users.
- There is a need to contact the merchants to qualify for refunds.
- A fee is charged if you fail to make a payment.
Another company on the list of apps like Klarna is Laybuy. It is based in New Zealand. Lazybuy is a reliable company and lets its customers split the payment into installments. The payments are divided into six installments and can be paid over a period of five weeks. However, the first ⅙ of the payment has to be made at checkout.
Pros of Using Laybuy
- You can make payments in installments over a period of six weeks.
- There is no establishment fee.
- The app is easy to use.
Also, read Best Private Student Loans in the US | Low-Rate Education Loans
Cons of Using Laybuy
- Laybuy is available in limited countries.
- A default fee is charged if you fail to make a payment on time.
Note: Lazybuy is a New Zealand-based company and focuses mainly on New Zealand. The company accepts only the New Zealand banks’ cards.
5. Zip (Quadpay)
Earlier known as Quadpay, this app was acquired by the global payment company Zip in 2020. This app was founded in 2017 and is among the best apps like Klarna. Zip lets its customers split the payments into four-part interest-free installments. These installments can be paid over a period of six weeks. The best feature of this app is that there is no hidden APR or fees.
Pros of Using Zip
- The approval process is simple and there is no credit check.
- The payment installments are automatically charged.
- Only a minimal fee will be charged if you miss making a payment.
Also, read 5 Top Low-Interest Loans in the US | Most Preferred Companies
Cons of Using Zip
- There is no limitation to spend. Your spending becomes more than your repayment capacity.
- There is approval needed before every payment.
- Your late payments will be reported to the credit bureau affecting your credit score.
6. PayPal Credit
Earlier known as Bill Me Later, this app was acquired by PayPal in 2008. PayPal comes on the list of apps like Klarna because of its payment options. PayPal Credit lets its users make online purchases without using a credit card. This app can be used in a store where PayPal is accepted. PayPal Credit finances any purchase of $99 that can be paid in installments over a period of six months.
Pros of Using PayPalCredit
- The process of setting up the app is easy and quick.
- You can get the credit interest-free for the first four months.
- The checkouts are easy and quick.
Also, read 7 Best Instant Loan Apps in the US | Cashout $50-$500 Immediately
Cons of Using PayPalCredit
- The credit history is checked quite rigorously.
- The APR is 19.9% after the first four months.
- Cannot be used in stores that accept PayPal.
Next on the list of apps like Klarna is Sunbit. It is another competitive payment app like Klarna. It was founded in 2015 and is based in Los Angeles, USA. Sunbit focuses on providing the best experience to its users. It offers an easy application and many deals. Like Klarna, the Sunbit app lets users make payments in installments over a period of time. Remember that this app affects your credit score since late payments are reported to the credit bureau.
Pros of Using Sunbit
- Sunbit provides you access to many deals and promotions.
- It is constantly upgrading itself by adding new partnerships.
- The credit check is not hard.
Also, read Instant Loan Apps Like Dave | Get Cash Advances Easily
Cons of Using Sunbit
- Certain payment plans have higher interest.
- This app reports all your payments to the credit bureau.
- Some functions of this app are limited and depend on your creditworthiness.
8. Future Pay
Future Pay is another app in the list of payment apps like Klarna. It was founded in 2013 and is based in Lehi, USA. Future Pay focuses on providing ease of payment for buyers and businesses. Future Pay is not only a global payment company but also provides security for its users. It allows its users to make payments in installments over a period of time. These payments can be spread over months.
Pros of Using Future Pay
- Future Pay offers great customer service.
- The setup process is very easy and quick.
- The payments are transparent and this app provides compatibility with many mobile devices.
Also, read How To Get A Loan From Dave | Easy Advances for All
Cons of Using Future Pay
- Future Pay does not support many operating systems.
- There is no live support.
- The application has many bugs.
Four is one of the apps like Klarna. It was founded in 2018 and is based in North Miami, USA. It is an amazing app that allows flexible payment for its users. Four lets its customers split the payment into four installments. These installments can be paid over a period of time. The interesting thing about Four is that there is no credit check.
Pros of Using Four
- The setting up is easy and quick.
- The app is interactive and easy to use.
- Four provides many financing options.
Also, read How To Borrow Money From The Dave App | Loan Approval Eligibility
Cons of Using Four
- The app has many bugs.
- Problem with customer support.
- The refund policy is complicated.
- Fee is charged for late payments.
One of the best apps in the list of payment apps like Klarna is SplitIt. It was founded in 2012 and is based in New York. SplitIt is different from other apps like Klarna in some ways. It does not charge any late fees or interest rates. SplitIt app focuses on providing its users with the best possible experience. SplitIt lets its users divide their payments into installments that can be paid over a period of time.
Pros of Using SplitIt
- No interest is charged on payments that are done on time.
- No fee will be charged if you are late for an installment.
- The approval process is simple and there is no credit check.
Cons of Using SpliIt
- The payment options available are very limited.
- The retail partners are very limited.
- Payment is accepted only via Visa and Mastercard.
ViaBill is of the best apps like Klarna. It was founded in 2009 and is based in Copenhagen, Denmark. It offers simple and easy payment plans for its users. The payments can be done for an interest of 0%. The main vision of this app is to partner up with small businesses. ViaBill wants to integrate small businesses into its platform. Users can pay for their purchases in four installments. However, the first installment has to be paid at the checkout.
Pros of Using ViaBill
- Easy to use.
- There is no repayment fee required for making purchases.
- The settlements can be managed easily.
Also, read How To Get Home Loans With Bad Credit | 6 Home Loan Lenders
Cons of Using ViaBill
- The merchant support and communication are very limited.
- Problems for international users.
- The refund policy is very complicated.
GoCardless is one of the payment apps like Klarna. It was founded in 2011 and is a big player in global payment companies. The app GoCardless is focused on creating payment gateways. Like ViaBill, this app also focuses on integrating small businesses into its platform. The company allows its customers to make payments in installments over a period of time. GoCardless processes payments of over $15 billion every year.
Pros of Using GoCardless
- The pricing is very low.
- GoCardless app is easy to use and customer friendly.
- The payments can be easily managed.
Cons of Using GoCardless
- There is no virtual payment terminal which can sometimes delay the payments.
- The customer service is limited and often faces delays.
- The process of registering debit cards is very time-consuming.
J2Store is a great option in the list of payment apps like Klarna. It was founded in 2012 and is based in India. J2Store is one of the best point-of-sale businesses in Asia and offers multiple flexible payment plans. J2Store works worldwide and has over seventy payment gateways and many plugins. It offers its users the flexibility of making payments in installments over a period of time.
Pros of Using J2Store
- The app is easy to set up and user-friendly.
- J2Store has powerful features.
- The app provides many plugins to support and improve store functionality.
Also, read What is the Average Credit Card Debt in America ?
Cons of Using J2Store
- The operating system is a bit complex.
- Works poorly on Windows and Blackberry operating systems.
- There are limited payment options for certain companies.
Zebit is one of the payment apps like Klarna. It was founded in 2015 and is based in California, USA. Zebit has a vision of making online shopping inclusive. It wants online shopping to be available and affordable regardless of a person’s financial history. Zebit allows its customers to pay in installments over a period of six months. There is no hidden penalty for late payment. Additionally, Zebit offers credit up to $2500 without charging any interest.
Pros of Using Zebit
- There is no hidden fee for transactions.
- This app does not affect your credit score.
- The payment schedule is flexible.
Cons of Using Zebit
- The prices offered by this app are higher than other competitors.
- Zebit has a no refund or return policy.
- The shipping takes a long time.
Partial.ly is one of the similar apps like Klarna. It was founded in 2015 and is based in Florida, USA. This app provides a platform for business to sell their products and for customers to buy through flexible payment options. Partial.ly is available in over 25 countries and supports more than135 currencies worldwide. It is a popular choice as it has custom payment plans and convenient portals for merchants, making it the most sort after apps like Klarna.
Pros of Using Partial.ly
- It offers many flexible payment plans.
- There is control over the interest and fees.
- Partial.ly provides amazing customer support.
Also, read How Do Dave Advance App Work | 7 Features Of Dave Advance
Cons of Using Partial.ly
- A 5% fee is charged for all transactions.
- There is a lack of insurance infrastructure.
- International buyers might face some problems.
It is time to wrap up! In this article, I have given you 15 payment apps like Klarna. You can use any of these apps to make a purchase and pay later in installments. However, keep in mind that these installments should be paid on time or you have to pay an additional fee. I find Affirm and Zip the best on the list. These apps like Klarna are simple to use and provide all the basic requirements.
I hope you liked this article. Do let me know your favorite app for making payments in installments. For more such content, keep visiting Path of EX!