INVITATION TO TENDER FOR THE UPGRADE OF THE TURBINE BUILDING OF
PADU HYDROGENERATION POWER STATION IN THE ROSEAU VALLEY,
COMMONWEALTH OF DOMINICA.
Dominica Electricity Services Limited (DOMLEC) has received financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) in an amount equivalent to USD16M towards the cost of the rehabilitation and restoration of its Generation and Transmission/Distribution Systems, and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under the contract. Payment by CDB will be made only at the request of DOMLEC and upon approval by CDB, and will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and conditions of the Financing Agreement. The Financing Agreement prohibits withdrawal from the financing account for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than DOMLEC shall derive any rights from the Financing Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Financing.
The Project is being implemented by DOMLEC through its Generation Department. DOMLEC has contracted Consultants who will assist the Generation Department with delivering the Project. The Consultants have prepared designs and contract documentation and will assist in tender administration and evaluation and supervise Project activities.
DOMLEC now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Upgrade of the Turbine Building of the Padu Hydro station. The works include, but are not limited to the following:
- Description and Extent of Works
- DOMLEC operates three hydro power plants along the Roseau River namely, Laudat, New Trafalgar and Padu with installed capacities of 1240, 1760 (X2) and 940 (X2) KVA respectively. During the passage of Hurricane Maria, the Padu power Station (Padu Turbine House) and its conveyance system suffered major damage. The roof and doors of the building were destroyed allowing the building to be flooded resulting in extensive damage to the generating equipment therein. The Diversion Weir across the river upstream of the Trafalgar Power Station and about 400 feet of pipeline downstream was washed A section of pipeline across the Ravine Fond was also dislocated due to the compromise of the support structure.
The client requires the upgrading of the Padu turbine/generator building to improve its hurricane/severe weather resilience in the following ways:
- Upgrade the roofing system to concrete type roofing to mitigate the intrusion of wind, landslide or waterborne debris into the turbine/generator building, thus damage of the equipment
- Construction of the requisite retaining wall to protect the building from lateral damage by landslides and river action
Consideration will be limited to firms or joint ventures of firms, which are legally incorporated or otherwise organised in, and have their principal place of business in an eligible country and are either:
- more than 50% beneficially owned by a citizen or citizens and/or a bona fide resident or residents of an eligible country, or by a body corporate or bodies corporate meeting these requirements; or
- owned or controlled by the Government of an eligible country provided that it is legally and financially autonomous and operated under the commercial law of an eligible country and otherwise meets the eligibility requirements of the CDB Guidelines for Procurement (2006).
Eligibility is open to all countries.
Eligible bidders will be required to submit full qualification information with their bids establishing their eligibility to bid and qualification to perform the contract if the bid is accepted. Tender and qualification information are to be submitted in the English Language on the prescribed forms inserted in the Bid Documents. Submissions that do not provide the information required, or do not demonstrate the prospective contractor’s ability to perform satisfactorily, will not qualify and will not be considered for further evaluation.
Qualification requirements include, inter alia:
- an average annual turnover (defined as certified payments received for works in progress or completed) within the last five (5) years of at least five hundred thousand Eastern Caribbean dollars (ECD 500,000.00);
- a demonstrable cash flow (including access to credit) of Two Hundred Thousand Eastern Caribbean dollars (ECD 200,000.00); and
- Experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least five (5) assignments of a nature, scope and complexity comparable to the proposed project activity within the last three (3) years (to comply with this requirement, works quoted should be at least 80 percent complete).
Bidding Documents may be obtained by eligible bidders from the first address below free of charge.
Requests may be made by written application including email.
Requests by email: An automated email response stating that your request was received will be sent from the email address stated below (Address for Bid Submissions / Bid opening). IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE AUTOMATED CONFIRMATION EMAIL PLEASE CONTACT MR. DAVE STAMP IMMEDIATELY VIA THE EMAIL OR TELEPHONE NUMBER STATED BELOW.
Written applications must be clearly marked: “Request for Bidding Documents for the Upgrade to the Turbine Building of the Padu Hydro station”, along with the name, address and contact information of the bidder for which Bidding Documents are being requested.
Applicants who express interest in the above mentioned project will receive the bid documents via email, therefore please ensure to state clearly your preferred email address and your company’s representative name. Deadline for Bid Submissions is March 12, 2021 no later than 16:00hrs.
Bid opening will take place immediately after the deadline for submission at the second address below via electronic web based conferencing platform, due to local and international COVID-19 protocols/restrictions.
DOMLEC reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, and to annul the process and reject all bids, at any time prior to award of contract, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected prospective bidder(s) or any obligation to inform the affected prospective bidder(s) of the grounds for DOMLEC’s action. DOMLEC will not defray any costs incurred by any bidder in the preparation of bids.
|1.||Address for Correspondence||2.||Address for Bid Submission and Bid Opening|
|Attn: Dave W. Stamp, Generation Manager Phone: 767-255-6117/767-325-9965 mobile
Email: [email protected]
Address: 18 Castle Street, P.O. Box 1593 Roseau, Commonwealth of Dominica
|18 Castle Street, P.O. Box 1593 Roseau, Commonwealth of Dominica
Email: [email protected]