If you’ve signed up for the Android beta program, Android 13 QPR2 Beta 2 has just arrived on your Modern smartphone. Apart from the much-welcomed addition of brand-new emoji, there aren’t many features visible at first glance, but some other changes are hidden in the code and from behind feature flags. If you are also looking at what Android 13 Qpr2 Beta 2 holds for you, then you are in the right place.
That is one of the choices many users are waiting for to reach their pixel devices. Google is testing a flag that requires customized icons for any apps on your smartphone.
In this article, you will learn about the new features of the Android 13 Qpr2 Beta 2 in an all-inclusive manner.
In This Article
What You Can Expect in Android 13 Qpr2 Beta 2?
Google may make two additional beta versions available well before March 2023 consumer launch of the Pixel phones. If your suitable Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, or Pixel 5 device is compatible, you can immediately install Android 13 QPR2 Beta 1.
There were some issues pondering in the Android platform in the previous version. With the launch of this new version, users can expect some modifications and changes. The following are some of the features you can have your hands on, and these look superbly amazing in the new Android 13 Qpr2 Beta version.
1. QPR2 Beta 2 signals the functioning of the Pixel Tablet dock and its partner, Stylus. The upgrade feature is masked behind a feature flag with the name ENABLE FORCED MONO ICON and the explanation “Enable the ability to generate monochrome icons if the app does not supply it,” as discovered by Mishaal Rahman and the Google News Telegram channel. You can upgrade to this version over the Android 13 Beta 1 Version.
This is self-explanatory when enabled; the Pixel Launcher converts standard app icons into monochromatic variants that can be themed according to your background image. This happens whenever an app can not provide a themed icon. And for those apps that do not currently support the option, the outcome is a home screen that solely has themed icons.
Here you can see this in the picture given below.
2. You will also get the new transient taskbar in Android 13 Qpr2 Beta 2. The picture shown below is what it looks exactly like.
3. Android 13 Qpr2 is adding 21 new Emojis, such as Pink Heart and Goose and many more, to their list of emojis. These new emojis are new and interesting to exchange, and you can have a view of all these in the picture given below.
4. You can also see the Google Home app icon in the Device controls. I also have a screenshot that shows the same.
5. Moreover, you will get the ‘History’ over the ‘Manage’ shortcut in Quick Settings. The following Screenshot shows the same.
6. The Lava Lamp Effect on the Media Player is also wiped out. You can see this in the screenshot given below.
Issue Resolved in Android 13 Qpr2 Beta 2
The following are some of the issues resolved in the Android 13 Qpr2 Beta 2 in an all-inclusive manner.
- The one issue with the system’s user interface that becomes unresponsive has been fixed.
- Another issue with switching back to the video capture mode from the slow motion mode has been fixed in the Google Camera. The application keeps recording slow-motion video if you change the capture speed to 1/8 and 1/4x in slow motion.
Problems With Android Platform
The problem that hampered the normal usage of the Android platform is shown in an all-inclusive manner.
- The application becomes unresponsive when you change the screen orientation as the list of recent apps is open.
- There are some cases when you enter and exit the Picture-in-Picture mode from one of the applications as you change the screen orientation. The application crashes and shows the “Setting Keeps Stopping” text, and then you will not be able to open the System settings.
Android 13 QPR2 Beta 2: EVERYTHING new!
This article talks about the new Android 13 Qpr2 Beta 2 version with a bundle of new and improved features. The problems that most of the users faced in the Android platform are now resolved in the new beta version. There are some features that are worth note-taking and can be useful for a number of Android users. Comment if you find the article insightful, and share your thoughts on the new Android 13 Qpr2 Beta 2 version.