If you are looking for some amazing social networking apps for iOS, then my friend you are at the right place. After a lot of hustle, I have come up with a list of the best social networking apps for iOS.
All my time during quarantine was spent either by reading or using my phone. I am pretty sure many of you did the same. With all I had last year, I managed to explore many new things on my phone. We all know how important and engaging social networking apps can be in today’s world. Keeping that in mind I went through many different kinds of social networking apps for iOS. Trust me when I say that I found some very underrated and amazing apps.
Social networking apps like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and WhatsApp are widely popular. However, there are still many applications that need to be discovered. Some of the best and unique social networking apps for iOS include:
The above-mentioned apps are the best social networking apps for iOS. These applications are a must-try because they are unique and super fun. However, before using any of these apps, make sure that you know about the features they offer. Read further to know more about these social networking apps for iOS.
List of the Best Social Networking Apps for iOS
FireChat is a very unique social networking app for iOS. Instead of connecting through the internet, FireChat uses Bluetooth for its users to communicate with people who are nearby and do not have a Wi-Fi or data connection. This application gained massive popularity in Hong Kong during the pro-democracy protest.
Features of FireChat
- Easy Search: You can easily use the apple default search to search for users and chat directly.
- Share the App: You can directly share the content with your friends.
- 3D Touch: You can also share stories using the loved 3D touch feature of Apple.
Medium is not as widely popular as it should be. This application is super unique and very productive. If you use Medium properly, this application can provide you with wonderful opportunities. Medium is a fun and informative application. You can interact with people, read in-depth, recommend your social channels, and blogs.
Features of Medium
- Read: You can easily find and follow writers and publications that matters to you.
- Explore personalized, ad-free recommendations, and information about any topic.
- You can also bookmark posts for later and highlight passages that resonate with you.
- You can share ideas, short or long. You can also engage in conversation with a network of readers and writers.
- Medium also gives you the opportunity to grow your audience through followers, newsletters, and writing stats.
Although Periscope was launched way back, it is still considered to be an “up and coming” application. Periscope is owned by Twitter. This application is more of a live-streaming video service.
Features of Periscope
- You can instantly share your live videos on Twitter and other social networks.
- You can also download your broadcast on periscope.tv.
- You can also give and receive Super Hearts to support your favorite broadcasters before March 31, 2021.
Also, Read Best Shopping Apps of All Times 2021
Blab has a very similar concept to Periscope. It is also a live-streaming platform. Users who are familiar with the concepts and working of Google Hangouts and Periscope can easily use Blab. One of the best apps on the list of the best social networking apps for iOS is Blab.
Features of Blab
- You can browse through the emotive led categories and send the right Blab to express how you are feeling in the moment or what’s on your mind.
- You can find the most popular and frequently used Blabs from the trending section.
- You can also save your favorite Blab by pressing the “heart” icon.
LinkedIn is a very underrated social networking app. LinkedIn is predominately for professional use. This application can be helpful in creating a network with the people of your industry. If you are looking to increase your professional network, then LinkedIn is the right place for you. All that you are required to do is create a profile and upload your resume. You can add your achievements to your profile as well.
Features of LinkedIn
- Job Search & Recruiting: You can find jobs suited to you and apply with your profile/resume via the app.
- Business Networking: Follow the activities of your business contacts.
- LinkedIn Community: Follow the activities of your own posts.
- Social Networking: Create your own profile and highlight your skillset.
Also, Read Best Social Networking Apps for Android 2021
Facebook is by far the most used application worldwide. This is very well known that the company owns 3 of the greatest social networking apps. This list includes Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp. All three applications are widely used by millions of users. These things are certainly known by all.
You must know the 5+ Best Ways to Recover Deleted Facebook Account (in 2021)
Features of Facebook
- Through Facebook, you can connect with your friends and family.
- You can also set status updates and insert emojis to tell your Facebook friends what is going on in your world.
- You can share photos, videos, and all your favorite memories with your friends and family.
- After uploading a photo or video, Facebook will also notify you regarding the likes and comments on your post.
- You can find local social events near you.
I don’t think that I need to pitch in for Instagram. It is one of the most fun social networking applications. You can share pictures, videos, stories, and much more. Especially with the latest update of Instagram Reels, this app has become a magnet for people who want to show their talent to the world. Instagram is used by many content creators, influential personalities, and different companies.
Features of Instagram
- Instagram lets you use special camera effects to bring your video to life, include background music, face filters, and many stickers.
- You can upload your creative video clips and get discovered on Explore.
- You can explore millions of videos
- You can also watch and share Instagram Reels with your friends.
- Receive notifications when you receive a chat message.
- Follow your favorite bands, celebrities, actors, athletes, and singers for live updates.
- Discover brands and small businesses and shop products.
The most unique application in the list of the best social networking apps is Snapchat. Snapchat is one of the most trendy applications today. It is basically a photo chat app that is super unique. Through Snapchat, you can add stories and even send snaps to your friends. Snapchat is dominantly popular among youngsters. You can even connect with celebrities and influencers on Snapchat.
Features of Snapchat
- Add lens or filter to your photo (new ones are added every day)
- You can create your own filter.
- You can chat with friends with live messages and share group stories.
- You can watch breaking news, original shows, and community stories.
- You can also discover new things you have in common with Charms, see how long you have been friends, your astrological compatibility, Bitmoji’s fashion sense, and much more.